Read My Lips: Chapter 20

Chapter 20

Maisie's p.o.v

After I left Zach's house after the breakup, I went straight home to bed. I'd never experience heartbreak and what I was feeling right now was un-describable. It hurt so much. I didn't know breaking up with someone would hurt as much as this did.

My mum had repeatedly asked me what was wrong but I had just resulted into locking myself in my bedroom and ignoring her. I felt bad for doing it but I didn't want to face anyone at that moment in time. I didn't want her to see me so upset even if she was my mother. For some reason, I felt pathetic.

Every time I bought myself to look around my room everything was blurred. It had been like that for hours. I knew that I had school the next day but at that moment in time, school didn't matter to me. I'd miss it if it meant helping me get over how I was feeling. All I was doing was crying, no matter how hard I tried to stop it.

"Let me in, Maisie." Mum called from outside my door. I knew she wasn't going to let go of trying to get into my room so I got up from my bed, pulled the chair out from under the handle and opened the door for my mum.

"What?" I asked bluntly. I was well aware of how I looked right now. My hair was carelessly pulled up onto the top of my head, my eyes were red and puffy and my cheeks were drenched in tears. My nose was running and I felt awful.

I had a headache from all the crying but I couldn't stop. No matter how hard I tried the tears didn't stop falling from my eyes. My emotions were running high and the tears were streaming. I couldn't stop crying no matter how hard I tried.

My mum's face softened when she saw me. Moving closer to me, she began to talk. "Oh, honey."

She pulled me into a hug and rocked me from side to side. "It hurts!" I wailed, wrapping my arms tightly around her waist.

"What does? What's happened? Please tell me, Maisie." She begged. The worry was evident in her voice no matter how quiet it was to me. She was my mum, of course she was going to be worried about me.

So I did. "Zach broke up with me and I not know why. He just left me like that," I said, clicking my fingers in an attempt to show her how fast he'd left me. "It hurts mum, my heart hurts. I not know what I done wrong but I messed up. It all my fault!" To say I felt pathetic was an understatement.

Mum pulled me further into my room and shut the door behind us. She then proceeded to sit us both down on the edge of the bed and hugged me closer. This was her attempt to comfort me and if I was ben honest, it was sort of helping. "I bought chocolate."

I looked down at her hands to see a pretty big bar of galaxy chocolate- my favourite. Either she had a feeling about what had happened and she bought it in an attempt to cheer me up or she just thought chocolate was the cure to everything. Either way I wasn't complaining. Anyway, I didn't think I had the energy to do so.

Chocolate cured everything, right?

Letting out a forced laugh, I turned my attention back to her face. "Thanks."

Mum sighed and rubbed the tears that were staining my cheeks. "It'll get better, I promise."

"At this moment, I doubt It." I muttered. I probably sounded pathetic right then but at the moment, it felt like this was never going to go away. I knew it had to at some point, but when you're a teenager and you get your heart broken, it's going to hurt more, isn't it?

"I know how it feels," Mum began as she opened the bar of galaxy chocolate. She broke off a strip and handed it to me. I took It eagerly. "But it won't last forever. You just have to put on a brave face and act strong. Show them thst you aren't affected or hurting."