Read My Lips: Chapter 1

Chapter 1

 Zach's p.o.v

I walked through the school grounds with my 3 friends, Jake, Dan and Ryan. Everyone shot us sly glances before they moved out of the way. 

"Man, why do they all do that for?" Ryan moaned as we entered the front doors of the school and walked down the corridor.

"Because we're hard core bitches." Dan snickered, checking out a girl that walked past. He's a right man whore.

"Shut up man." I laughed, opening my locker and grabbing my books for first two lessons.

After I'd taken my books out, I closed my locker and turned to the guys. Dan, of course, was staring at a girl. I watched his face as his eyes travelled down her whole body and back up again. His eyes were filled with lust. Not going to lie, it's amusing watching him look at girls, his face? Priceless. Every single time.

"Dude, stop staring." I laughed, smacking him on the back of his head.

"Ow! What was that for?" He asked, turning to glare at me.

"You're staring at her. You'll end up making her think that you're some kind of freak." I said making Jake and Ryan laugh.

"Shut up." He grumbled before walking off and over to her with his flirty face on.

"Such a man whore." Jake laughed, walking beside me as we made our way to first lesson which was maths. I hate maths, I'm not bad at it, I'm actually good at it, I just hate it.

"Don't we all know that, I'll be surprised if she even talks to him, I bet she'll run a mile." Ryan laughed, walking through the door of the class and towards the row at the back of the class where us four sat.

Just before the bell went, Dan walked in, a smug smile all over his face. Guessing someone got lucky.

"What's with the look?" Ryan asked as Dan sat beside him.

"Oh, nothing, I may have just scored a 'date' tonight." He smirked, putting air quotes around the word 'date'.

"I'm surprised she talked to you, did she not run from you?" Jake asked, leaning on the table to look around me slightly to see Ryan and Dan.

"Nope," He said simply before adding, "But her friends did."

I burst out laughing, not been able to hold it in. "Can you imagine it?" I gasped, trying to speak through my laughter. "Him walking over there, all cocky with his flirty face on then the other girls running, oh my god."

Ryan, Jake and I burst out laughing whilst Dan just looked at us not slightly amused. The look on his face just made me laugh even more.

"None of you are funny. You go try and get a girl without everyone running away from you. Why do they even run? It's pointless. It isn't like I'm just going to drop kick them or something." He sighed.

"Well maybe it has something to do with all the fights we've been in." I said as if I wasn't completely obvious.

"It does have some perks though." Jake smirked before leaning back in his chair as the teacher walked in.

 Maisie's p.o.v

The first four lessons of the day went by fast and now, it was finally lunch time which meant one thing, two more lessons in this hell hole then home. I made my way down the stairs and along the corridor which lead to the cafeteria. Looking around the café, there was people staring at me, their mouths moving. I didn't even bother trying to find out what they were saying. What was the point? After choosing something to eat from the disgusting food the school provided for us, I walked to the back of the room to find a table with no one else on so I could eat my food in peace.

I felt someone prod my shoulder making me look up only to see Luke.

"Yes?" I asked, looking at his lips to see his reply.

"Where are you friends?" He smirked as Amy came up behind him. The most popular girl and boy together is certainly not a good match.

I turned my head to her face so I could see her lips. "Aren't you forgetting babe? She has none." She said before laughing at herself.

They always did this. Every single lunch time without fail, everyday there'd be a different insult. Today it was back to the 'no friends' one. I didn't have any friends. That wasn't exactly my fault though, no one wanted to be friends with the deaf girl and I was used to it.

I looked away from the pair and concentrated on my food, it wasn't exactly the most entertaining thing but if I couldn't figure out what they were saying then that was good enough for me. It didn't feel like long before I felt something cold and wet fall over my top making me jerk. Looking up from my sandwich, my eyes found the cup that Amy was holding, which was now upside down and the contents over me.

"Woops." She said, trying to look innocent.

"What that for?" I demanded, grabbing both my sandwich and biscuit and putting them in my bag along with my bottle of coke.

"It slipped, my bad." She smirked before laughing at me.

I stood up from my seat, completely blanked Luke and Amy, and walked out of the cafeteria, ignoring the looks I got from everyone. Making my way into the girl's bathroom, I walked straight over to the where the sinks were as the pop on my arm was already going sticky. My top was ruined, I couldn't wear this. Grabbing my P.E shirt from my bag, I walked into a toilet cubicle so I could change. By the time I'd finished, it was almost time for lesson's to start again. I made my way outside, over to where the benches were so I could eat the remainders of my lunch.

The last two lessons of the day were over before I knew it and I could finally go home. I grabbed my remaining books and folders from my locker and rushed out the school so I could catch my bus. After paying my fare, I took a seat at the back, away from most people so they couldn't bother me. When it was my turn to get off the bus, I grabbed my bags and started down the isle of the bus. Suddenly, a foot was thrown out in front of me making me trip and land on my face. Letting out a groan, I looked up to see everyone looking and laughing at me. I felt my face heat up as I rushed to get up from the floor before running the rest of the way off the bus and to my house.

They couldn't give me a break could they? 

Picture of Maisie 

Vote, comment, follow?<3