"Ezra?" He says, looking around for the boy. When he doesn't hear or see anything, he sighs, grumbling a "Fine," before going to his meditation seat. Getting into a comfortable position, he sighs and closes his eyes, going into a meditative state. 

"About time," Ezra says. "Thought you'd never come to say hi." Kanan opens his eyes to look at the boy across from him, leaning on the wall. 

"Well, you're not the easiest to contact." Ezra laughs, nodding. 

"Yeah, it's like that when you got to keep a low profile." 

"Chopper misses you," Kanan says, watching him closely. "That says quite a lot if you think about it."

"I'm not coming back, Kanan. I'm just going to put a larger target on your guy's back."

"Larger than the one we already have? Ezra, what happened before? You were going to stay." Kanan questions, trying his best to get through to him. 

"I realized I couldn't."

"Why?"

"It isn't safe."

"For who?"

"You guys."

"Yes, it is, Ezra. We're not dangered around you. If anything we're safer."

"Stop," Ezra growls, glaring at Kanan. "I know what you're doing. It isn't going to work. I just came to see if you guys made it. You did so-"

"Ezra, you're not a weapon," Kanan says, standing up. 

"What?" He looks at him incredulously. 

"Nobody here hates you, Ezra. If anything, we understand. You can't keep running, Ezra. It's not going to end well." 

"I-I can't," Ezra tries to come up with an excuse, but he can't. 

"You can, but it's your choice. You're not alone, Ezra. At least know that. We'll be back on Lothal by sundown. You know where. It's your choice. If you don't come, I won't ask again. I promise. Just know I am here for you Ezra. I won't be leaving anytime soon." Ezra nods and his force image disappears and Kanan sighs, rubbing his head. Walking towards his bed, he sits down. 

"Please, Ezra."

~+~+~+~+~+~+~

As sunset came and Kanan sat on the ramp of the Ghost with the rest of the crew as they waited for Ezra. 

"You really think he'll come?" Hera asks, keeping her eyes on the horizon for the boy. 

"Honestly? I don't know." As they sit there, the sun goes below the horizon and it starts to get dark.

"Well, I'm heading in. I'll see if he came or not tomorrow." Zeb says, turning in for the night. Sabine agrees and follows close behind. 

"Kanan?" 

"Go, get some sleep. I'm gonna stay and wait for him." Hera nods and stands up placing a hand on Kanan's shoulder and giving the horizon one last look before going to her room. Kanan sighs and leans back on his hands as he watches for Ezra. 

~+~

When Kanan wakes up, he doesn't quite remember when he went to his room last night.

Wait

He didn't

Then how... Then he hears it. A ruffling of sheets above him as Ezra shifts in the bed above him. Smiling, Kanan gets up from bed and quietly makes his way towards the door, making sure to try his best to exit quietly. Walking towards the kitchen, he finds Hera already up with coffee. When he enters, Hera looks up at him and smiles.

"Morning, love. Coffee is already made."

"Morning, thank you." Filling up his cup and sitting down across from Hera, she lifts an eyebrow.

"So?" Kanan smiles and nods.

"He came. Hopefully, he's staying." 

Peaceful silence and coffee. A great way to start off the day, no?

~+~+~+~+~

Hey guys! I was finally able to get out of my... very long writer's block/I just guess rut. MOre upDATEs ComING SOoN (But not anytime because I still have to write them.)

But yes! I am alive! And I apologize that this is so short, but I really wanted to get this out and I thought this was a great place to end it! I hope you guys enjoyed and have a day/night!

<3 Angel 

PS- thank you all for almost 4k reads! at 5k, I will be doing a q/a with questions from all of you and from online! ok thx bye!