Nobody Hates You

"Kanan!" Zeb yells, gaining the man's attention towards the door. "What are we gonna do?"

"We have to get this door open somehow," Kanan says, trying not to panic a little. Pacing, he jumps at the voice that appears next to him.

"Maybe I could help?" The three Specters freeze. 

"Ezra?" Kanan feels something like a feather quickly touch his shoulder. Turning around in surprise, he comes face to face with the young boy. "How...What...When?" Kanan tries, trying to put the possibilities together as to why Ezra was here.

"I'm here to save your heads. Now, help me get the blast door open before the Inquisitor opens you." Blanking, Kanan nods.

"Yeah, okay. Questions later." Raising his hand, Kanan concentrates on opening the door. Ezra, doing the same, the two try their best. While they try to get it open, Sabine contacts Hera.

"Specter-5 to Phantom, requesting a pickup on the landing platform."

"Copy. And I'm bringing the fleet."

"The fleet? We have a fleet?" Zeb asks, using his own COM. 

"We do now," Hera says. Both Sabine and Zeb could hear the smirk in her voice. 

"Ezra?" Kanan strains, worried.

"Hold on..." 

Creak, groooooaaan. 

"Let's go!"Kanan yells.

 As the two open the rest of the blast door, they freeze. Roughly three dozen troopers were on the platform. All of them trained their blasters on the rebels. Kanan turns around and watches as the Inquisitor cuts through the rest of the door.

"I'll deal with him," Ezra yells, gaining Kanan's attention. "You deal with them!" Igniting his saber, the right side of Ezra's body glows red. He starts to walk towards the Inquisitor as the rebels find cover.

"Phantom, you coming?"Kanan asks, ducking he feels blaster fire go by his face. Gaining no response, he growls. Putting away his COM, he peaks over the box the rebels were hiding behind. Suddenly, the Phantom comes into view with... other creatures. "Sabine, Zeb. Let's go!" Kanan quickly ignites his saber and deflects any incoming blaster fire. The Phantom fires on the TIEs as the creatures also attack. As the Phantom quickly lowers to the platform for the Specters to jump on, Kanan takes a look backs at the Inquisitor. Ezra was nowhere in sight. "Go, go, go!" He yells to Hera as the Inquisitor throws his saber at the ship. Kanan deflects it and turns, going into the ship before he fell out. 

~+~+~+~+~+~

Attaching the Phantom to the Ghost, the Specters exit, dragging their feet as they head towards their respective rooms. Well, except for Hera and Kanan.

"Kanan, I saw someone else on that platform not shooting at you. Who was that?" Hera sits on one side of the couch in the commons, Kanan sits on the other.  

"It was Ezra." He sighs, rubbing his face. 

"Ezra? Why was he there? Do you think he knew we were going to save her? Did he set us up?" Hera questions, worry filling her voice.

"No," Kanan says, cutting her off. "He wasn't actually there. It was like...a ghost of him or something? I don't know how to describe it." Standing up, Hera walks over to Kanan and puts a hand on his shoulder. 

"Well, whatever it was, make sure to thank him." Letting her hand fall, she turns towards the door but stops as it opens. "Luminara?"

"Gone. Already dead. Just another puppet for the empire." Hera nods and goes to the cockpit to put in coordinates for Lothal for their next job. Kanan waits until the door is shut to stand and go to his room. Walking in, he feels something else there.