13- Inner Battles

Start from the beginning

"Demandeur." I glared. "What are you doing here?"

"I should be asking you the same question." Another voice said, this one full of even more venom.

Chameleon, who looked exactly like me, expect for the fact that she kept shifting into people I know. Chloe, Alya, Nino, Adrien, Marinette...

"What?!" I gasped. "Back off! Leave me alone! I am not doing anymore evil!"

"So, what, your on Ladybug's side now?" Yet another voice asked, Volpina suddenly standing right in front of me. She snickered. "I should've known."

"It only makes sense that that clumsy little Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Ladybug. She gets everything!" Demandeur snickered. "But that'll change."

"Like Adrien..." Volpina mumbled.

"Of course she's Ladybug," Chameleon gagged, speaking in Adrien's voice. "It only makes sense. She likes Adrien and Adrien likes her."

Volpina stomped her foot. "Adrien, Adrien, Adrien. Of course he loves her! She's Ladybug! Urgh! That stupid tom cat deserves her."

I glared at the fox-themed amateur. "Shut up, Volpina."

"Oh, so now your protecting them?" Chameleon mimicked Marinette. "They don't care about you, Lila! None of them! You ruined their lives, like a good girl!"

"Like a villain." Demandeur put on a sinister smile.

I am a villain. I thought.

"She agrees!" Volpina grinned. "Begining to regret your decision, Lie-la?"

I gasped. "You can heat my thoughts?!"

"Oh, Lila." Chameleon shook her head, speaking in Nino's voice. "We are your thoughts,"

My eyes widened in realization.

All three of my inner demons (or akumas, in this case) circled me, the me that has been hiding deep within the shadows for a long, long time.

"We're still a part of you, Lila." Demandeur grinned. "Bring back the back-stabbing Lie-la we know and love!"

"Just admit it." Chameleon spoke, Alya now. "Once a liar, always a liar."

"Stop the illusions, Lila! We know this is all an act so you can get the Miraculous!"

"HawkMoth will be proud of us. No one will ever try to stop us again!"

"Imagine the power, Lila. You could get real friends, a real life."

"No," I gasped, holding my head. "No! I pushed you all away! You're gone!"

"We're always there, Lila. Waiting. Watching." Demandeur smirked.

"No! Your only here because I wanted to tell the truth! You were created because I wanted to change!"

"Change?" Volpina snickered. "You can't change, Lila. Not after all the pain you've caused."

I can't change. I am a liar. Why did I think I could do this?