Chapter 5

Shirou stood in a void of nothing, white particles lined the air and then he stood in front of his house. He saw himself with Sakura Matou standing in front of him, seeing Sakura after so long made him happy to see her "So you came here to kill me? "No Shirou... I came to give you this." Sakura pulled out something. Shirou manuvered to see what she was holding. She was holding a card with a warrior holding a bow on the front of it under the man the words "Archer" were lined in gold "What's that?" "It's what you need... To save Miyu." "You know about Miyu?" "This is the Archer card. One of the 7 Servant class cards. I want to give it to you Shirou." As Sakura finished the sentence they both faded and now he was in the courtyard, he sat there with shock painted over his face, the Archer card fell slowly as it seemed to burn, all the way in front of Shirou was someone who looked like Shinji but he was changed. His face was covered by a skull mask and he wore a black cloak that surround the bottom half of his body, the sound from Shinji was inaudible but he could hear Sakura clearly "Shirou please..." Her last words Shirou reached out for the card and the scenery changed, Shirou had exited the shed in the courtyard, he stood holding Sakura's scarf but his clothes had changed. They looked almost exactly like Archer's clothing "What the hell? That Archer card was a dud what Heroic Spirit is that?" "You killed your own sister... Don't you have any sympathy?! Sakura... " Tears ran down Shirou's face but he stood strong "This... Is Heroic Spirit." Shirou stared Shinji in the eyes with tears falling down "EMIYA."
Shirou shot up breathing heavily "Heroic Spirit... Emiya?" Shirou thought to himself, he scanned his surroundings. He was in a room alone, there was a dresser on his left and the window behimd him, the door laid diagonal from him "That was all a dream... Right? I don't remember that happening. Who's Miyu?" Shirou said to himself and the door flies open "SHEROU!" Luvia bursts into the door leaping towards the bed and wraps her arounds around Shirou "You're awake! Oh I'm so happy. You made me worry." "Yeah sorry. Hey you think you could ease up a little I can't breathe." He says trying to gasp for air and she lets go "Sorry." She said and places herself next to him "Glad to see you are awake." Sieg enters the room with his servant and the lady who called herself Ruler "I believe introductions are in order. I am Ruler, my True Name is Jeanne d'Arc." "Ruler?" Shirou thinks to himself "It is a special class of Servant who is summoned as an overseer of sorts for the Grail Wars." She explains lightly and Shirou adjusts himself "Well, I'm Shirou Emiya, this is Luvia Edlefet. We didn't mean to get in the way of whatever is going on... We're looking for a friend." "Well in any case you saved countless lives back there. Thank you. Which brings me to my next question." Ruler gets closer examining Shirou "How is it you were able to use a Noble Phantasm? You aren't a Servant but you do seem to have been a Master." "I was a Master. As to the Noble Phantasm well." Shirou takes a deep breath and remembers back to what Rin said "Don't tell anyone about Archer's true identity. Some people could find that you becoming a Heroic Spirit is problematic so never tell anyone unless you absolutely need to." And then he snapped back to the conversation "Sherou they must know." Luvia says "My future self is a Heroic Spirit." He says and Ruler's eyes widen "That's impossible." Astloflo says "Not entirely. The rules of the Holy Grail War doesn't specify which era in time a Servant is taken from so it is possible." "It is, I met that version of myself during the Grail War that took place months ago. He called himself a Counter Guardian." "Of course, even Guardians can be summoned as Servants if they have the right catalyst." "Yeah. He didn't have a Noble Phantasm but he was able to make them by copying someone's weapon, me and Rin ended up calling it a Broken Phantasm." Shirou finishes "So, this friend you are looking for. You tracked her here?" Ruler asked "Yeah, she was taken by a bunch of rouge mages. We tracked their energies and it led us here." "This must be Amakusa's doing. Of course, the Greater Grail requires a host of sorts." Ruler explains. "We will help you retrieve your friend but in addition you must help us reach the Hanging Gardens of Babylon." Ruler asked "Alright we'll help but-" "You'll need to know the enemy and what all is going on?" Ruler paused him to finish his sentence. Shirou nodded and Ruler told him everything, most of the stuff she told him he already knew from Archer but she told him all about the two factions involved and how while he was asleep the Red Faction succeeded in transferring Caster of Black over to their side along with Caster of Black's defeat. In return Shirou told everyone about the 5th Holy Grail War, and his future self along with his battle with Gilgamesh and what happened shortly after. "That is incredible." Sieg said "Earlier you mentioned someone named Kotomine?" Shirou asked thinking back to Kirei Kotomine, the overseer of the Grail War and secretly Lancer's master, Rin told him all about what he had did, how he made Lancer kill himself but luckily Lancer took Kotomine with him "This isn't the Kotomine you told us about. Shirou Kotomine is actually Shirou Tokisada Amakusa, he's a Ruler like myself but he's been alive for some time now. He said he wants the Greater Grail to bring salvation to humanity, what he means by it I dont know but I do know that we cannot let that happen." As Ruler finished, Shirou's mind began to race and the room in front of him was replaced with an open sky. In front of him stood a boy no more than his age in school uniform, he pushed his glasses back and his navy hair flew in the wind "Miyu is the key... With her I will bring salvation to all of humanity." The boy said and Shirou snapped back to reality in an instant, trying to regain his thoughts "Sherou? Are you alright?" Luvia placed her hand on his shoulder "I'm fine. So what's the plan?" Shirou shakes off the vision and asks Ruler "We will meet up tommorow in the mean time, I want you all to rest, Sieg I must speak with you." She says to the homunculus "Yes Ruler." He says and everyone exits, leaving Shirou alone with Luvia "Hey, why don't you go get some rest Luvia, I'll be fine." "Is everything alright?" She says "Yeah just a little dizzy, using that Noble Phantasm took alot out of me. Go get some rest, I'm not going anywhere." He assures her and she gives him a distasteful look "Alright fine." She gets up "I'll be keeping an ear out for you." She says and winks at Shirou and exits. Shirou lays back and begins to think on what he saw "Miyu... That was the same name Sakura brought up." As he thought he began to fall asleep unaware for what was awaiting him in his dreams.