Chapter 9

They manuevered through Hanging Gardens, avoiding any traps set for intruders. The halls looked like a cathedral, the dark halls were semi-lit by torches that lined the walls "This place is like a maze." Shirou said "I can sense a large amount of magic power below us." Luvia said "Then I will make it easier for us." Saber said and stabbed her sword into the ground. The ground in front of them began to crumble "Well. That's one way." Shirou said "Let us move on." Saber said and the three of them leaped down into the hole.

They landed in a dark room, there was barely any light, the room was like an open battlefield. Rows of columns stood tall and the ceiling looked like a starless night sky. In front of them was a giant sphere, towards the bottom of the sphere was a massive crack that shined a gold light "That's nothing like the Holy Grail." Shirou said "Of course." A voice behind them said, the three of them turned to a man. He was no taller than Shirou, he wore a black robe with a red scarf of sorts that draped over both of his shoulders on each end, there were silver crosses stitched into it. His white hair glistened in the gold light, he looked almost like Archer "Shirou Tokisada Amakusa." Saber said and readied her sword "Ah, the famous King of Knights, Artoria Pendragon. I am surprised that another Saber was summoned forth. I am curious as to how." Shirou Amakusa smirked "Where's Rin?" Shirou said "You must mean the girl. She's fine. I have not harmed her in any way." "Why the hell did you take her?" Shirou's anger began to build up "To draw you out. Shirou Emiya." "What?" The room became silent "What're you talking about? How do you even know who I am?" "I heard of the other Holy Grail Wars in Fuyuki, especially the one that dealt with a Saber destroying the Grail at their master's behest. Especially since I was inducted and taken in by the Kotomine House." Shirou Amakusa explained "Kirei was a master in the Fourth Grail War and the overseer in the Fifth with his ultimate goal being to use the Grail for himself." "That's right. Kirei was faithful until the end. But met his untimely death by the hands of his Servant due to his arrogance. That mistake will not be made again." "So why is it you wanted me? Why draw me out?" Shirou asked "Because I know your future. Shirou Emiya, the man destined to live an existence he will soon hate." He was talking about Archer "So what? What the hell does Archer have to do with this?!" Shirou yelled "Because our goals are somewhat similar." "Do not listen to him Shirou, he is only trying to manipulate you. Using your ideals to justify his own." Saber said and Shirou nodded, he stepped forward, tracing Kanshou and Bakuya, the twin swords rested in his hands "I'll ask one more time. Where's Tohsaka?" Shirou demanded to know where Rin was. Shirou Amakusa looked down in disappointment "Caster." He said and a Servant materialized next to him, he wore a green noblemen's clothes, he bowed as his body took form "Yes, Master?" His voice was elegant "The girl." Amakusa said "As thou wishes." Caster exclaimed and snapped his fingers. A magic circle took form in front of them and Rin sat there, struggling against her binds, she looked fine minus a new bruise on the right side of her face "Tohsaka!" Shirou yelled and walked forward "Is it time, Master?" A new voice said "Yes." Amakusa said and began to walk towards the Greater Grail, Shirou cut off Tohsaka's binds and the gag in her mouth "Took you long enough." She said and Shirou held her "I'm sorry." Shirou's voice trembled, Rin placed her hand on his cheek "It's fine. Right now we have to focus on, the Greater Grail. I heard all about his plan. He wants to use the Greater Grail and activate the Third Magic." Rin began to explain "The Third Magic?" Shirou turned to Saber but she shook her head "He plans to gather the souls of humanity and have them live in his so called paradise only they won't have a will of their own." Rin said and noticed Saber "Saber, it's so great to see you!" She said in excitement "I am glad you're alright Rin. But we do not have that much time." Saber responded and gestured to the unmoving Ruler that stood behind them "Woah when did she-" "It must have been Caster. That one is as deranged as they get." Rin said, Shirou walked up to Ruler "Hey Ruler you alright?" He reached out to put his hand on her shoulder "Shirou wait!" Rin went to stop it but it was too late. Shirou's visions went black as if he fainted.

Shirou stood in nothing but darkness "Where am I?" He asked and his voice echoed. The world around him took form, the landscape changed into an all but familiar scene. Around Shirou was burning rubble, the remnants of the burned down buildings burned around him, it wad the aftermath of the Fourth Holy Grail War. Shirou looked around "Is this Caster's Noble Phantasm?" He said "I found one." A familiar voice said from behind him and he turned. It was his foster father Kiritsugu Emiya "Kiritsugu?" Shirou said and Kiritsugu fell to his knees "Thank god!" Tears streamed down his face "Enough with the games Caster. I've already conquered my past, this doesn't affect me anymore." Shirou yelled, he could heard clapping as he turned towards the sound, Caster was materializing "Oh what joy thy story is! It is so tragic. Thy knows of his path and yet he still walks it! It's s-" "I don't have time for this." Shirou said and traced Rule Breaker, he had done it right when she used it on Archer, he took it and stabbed it into Caster, causing his Noble Phantasm to deactivate. Ruler fell to her knees, next to her was a man who wasn't there before "What did thy do?" Caster asked, and Shirou took out Rule Breaker and it dematerialized "Good luck using your Noble Phantasm." Shirou said and kneeled down to Ruler "You OK?" He asked and Ruler nodded "Yes. Thank you Shirou." "I am so sorry Jeanne, please forgive me!" The man said "Who's he?" Shirou asked "This is Gilles. He is alright." "Ruler!" It was Sieg. He ran up to them and everyone closed in around then "Sieg." Ruler's face lit up with glee until she noticed his hand "You used the rest of your Command Spells." She said "It took all I had to defeat Lancer of Red. I'm sorry." "It's alright. You must be Rin Tohsaka." Ruler turned to Rin "Yes. Thank you for coming to help." She said and the ground shook, everyone turned to the Greater Grail as Shirou Amakusa stepped out "Well. Why don't we end this?" Shirou said and everyone nodded and got ready for Amakusa.

(Bit of a lack luster ending to the chapter ik, it kinda went in one ear and out the other if you catch my drift. But still. Don't worry it's nowhere near the end.)