Chapter 8

Shirou stood in front of one of the planes that were gathered by the rest of the Masters of Black, in the distance was small fighter plane, with Saber spray painted red on the side "Hey Saber?" Shirou turned to talk to Saber but she was no where in sight, in an instant, Saber materialized at his side. Shirou jumped a little "You couldn't do that before." Shirou recalled "If you remember Shirou, it was due to your inexperience as mage and because I wasn't summoned properly." Saber explained and Shirou nodded "Right. Anyway. What's the deal with you and Mordred? I mean she's your daughter isn't she?" Shirou asked, Saber turned away as if she didn't want to talk about it and Shirou noticed right away "You don't have to answer. It's fine." "No, it's fine. Mordred joined the Knights of The Round Table and served under me and then revealed that she was my heir, I neglected her because her bloodlust was too heavy. She rebelled and betrayed Camelot. That was the day we both died." Saber's tone was sorrowful "Do you regret it? Neglecting her?" "Yes. She devoted her life to the Round Table and to Camelot. And in the end I disregarded her. If I had been able to guide her then she wouldn't have thrown her life away for anger." Saber said "Well this is impeccable timing." A voice bellowed from behind them, Saber and Shirou turned to see Sisigou and Mordred walking towards them, Shirou watched as Mordred approached Saber, there seemed to be anger in her eyes, Sisigou planted himself next to Shirou and observed along with him. The air shifted a little bit which made Shirou uneasy, the tension between Saber and Mordred seemed to die down "I'm-" "No. I don't need your pity. I heard all of what you said and you don't need to be apologize." Mordred cut Saber off, Saber looked confused "You had no idea I existed, Mother used me for her own personal vendetta against you. I should've seen I was being used from the beginning." Mordred said and turned around "Don't die out there you hear?" Mordred finished and walked towards the fighter jet, Shirou turned to Sisigou "Do you have something to with that?" Shirou asked and Sisigou shook his head "I just helped her come to a realization that's all. Take care of yourself out there Shirou." Sisigou said and trailed behind Mordred. Shirou walked back over to Saber "You ready?" He asked and Saber turned to him and nodded "Let us save Rin." And they entered the plane they were directed to.

They all flew in a formation, Chiron stood on top of the plane next to them. Luvia seemed to be shaking "You alright?" Shirou asked her noticing her shaking, she nodded "Yes, I am quite fine Sherou." She said and Shirou placed his hand on her shoulder "Fine. I am a bit... Scared. I've heard stories of the Grail Wars and the Servants that fought in them. I never thought I'd be stuck in rhe middle of it all." She said "Believe me neither did I. But don't worry, I'm here. Thank you Luvia. For coming with me to save Rin." Shirou said and the plane shook, Saber materialized in front of them "We are here Shirou." She said and Shirou nodded "You ready?" He looked at Luvia and she nodded "Yes." "Let's do this." He said and opened the door to the plane. The wind howled through their ears and flung their clothes and hair around, Saber picked up Shirou who was startled "Hey! What're you doing Saber?!" He yelled over the wind "Getting you down safely!" She yelled back "Wait Saber! I-AHHHHHHHHHH!" Before Shirou could finish, Saber jumped. Luvia followed suit, reinenforcing her legs with her Magic Circuits. The ground cracked under Saber's feet, with Luvia landing behind her, Shirou's arms dangled as if he had given up. Saber put him down and Shirou straightened his clothes "Is something wrong Shirou?" Saber tilted her head "No, I'm fine." Shirou said and fixed his hair, in an instant Saber turned her head "Shirou get behind me!" She yelled and reached for Shirou but it was too late. Spears of light shot forward fracturing the ground beneath them even more "Shirou!" Saber yelled and used her sword to clear the smoke, Shirou remained untouched. In front of him hovered a small version of the Rho Aias, it dematerialized as Shirou put down his arm, Luvia crouched behind him "I'm fine. What was that?" He asked and looked up. A man with pale skin hovered above them, his black skin tight suit seemed ripped in the middle and at the center of his chest was a jewel with gold spikes engraved into his skin. Around him was what looked like a red scarf fluttered in the wind and his pauldrons were shining gold and had a sun-like design "Lancer of Red." Saber said "So, that's Karna." Shirou said remembering Ruler telling him Lancer of Red's True Name "You're a Saber. But not Saber of Black." Karna said and examined Saber "You seem to be sided with the Servants of Black. So that makes you my enemy." "Shirou, go now." Saber said "What? Not without you." "I swore to you an oath. I will protect you with my life." She said and readied her sword, Karna began to attack but was stopped as he pressed forward. Sieg sat in the air, his sword against Lancer's spear "Sieg!" Shirou yelled, sparks flew off the sword and lance "I will hold off Lancer of Red! Go!" He yelled back and Karna tossed him over to us "Taking on a Servant is insane Sieg!" "It would be for a normal human yes." Sieg said and raised his hand in the air "I hereby order this body with a Command Spell!" The Command Spells on his hand shined and covered his body. The light disappeared and a man emerged, his long silver hair shined in the moon light, a cyan crack in the middle of his chest glowed bright "Woah." Shirou said in amazement "Impossible." Saber said,  Karna's look solidified "Saber of Black." He said "We have unfinished business." He said "Go now!" "Sieg?" "Yes, it is me. But there is no time to explain. ease go!" He said and Shirou nodded "Come on. We'll leave Lancer to him." Shirou told Saber and she nodded. The three of them rushed off and entered the Hanging Gardens.

(I want to thank everyone reading the story. It's gotten to number 3 on the Unlimited Blade Works hashtag and I'm still at a loss for words about it. Thank you for supporting the story so much. Don't forget to check out the other stories if you don't mind!)