Kookie needs a rest

Start from the beginning

"Here's his water." Hoseok said, holding the navy blue bottle in his hand. Taehyung took it with a 'thank you' and unscrewed the cap.

"Drink some water kook, just a few sips." He encouraged, seeing the others sit down around him and Jungkook, worried about their band mate.

Jungkook allowed his lips to part, his jaw quivering. Taehyung helped him take four sips before setting the water bottle back down. Then he rubbed his rubbed his tense back, whispering quietly into Jungkooks ear.

"You're okay Jungkookie. I've got you."

Jungkook, barely able to move, scooted away from Taehyung with a distressed whine. Although it was only a couple inches, it was still shocking. Jungkook and Taehyung were practically inseparable. They played every video game together, watched movies together, ate together, occasionally shared a bed and even face timed when one was on the toilet. The two especially comforted each other, no matter what happened, even if it was small, like a paper cut. But this wasn't a paper cut, something was very wrong with Jungkook.

The boys could see his tense muscles, quickened breath, shaky hands, red and sweaty face and how he couldn't move properly. The poor thing was exhausted. His body was sending him into an involuntary sleep that he was fighting off. Jimin, having felt with this himself, caught on fairly quickly. He crawled over to Taehyung and explained what needed to happen.

"We new to get him to sleep. Even if it's on the ground, his bed would be best, but that not an option, clearly." Jimin said. "He shouldn't try to stay awake, it can cause problems."

"Let's bring him into the break room. There are couches there." Taehyung said, looking back at everyone else who seemed, un-nerved.

Jimin nodded. He watched Tae approach Jungkook slowly. The maknae was fairly prone to panic if he was startled in these tired situations. Taehyung hushed the now teary boy, giving him a kiss on his head.

"Let's get you somewhere to lie down for a bit." Taehyung said caringly.

"N-No, don- stop for me." Jungkook whimpered, interpreting the soft tone for a disappointed one. He let out a quiet sob, tears flowing from his eyes.

Everyone met eyes with each other, speaking synced up, 'don't cry kook' , 'we don't mind' and a couple 'we all need rest sometimes'. Jungkook refused the sympathy, shaking his head. His emotions were heightened much like a child's. He was so over tired that he thought they were saying that because they had too, because he was the baby of the group. He had forgotten that even if Hoseok or Namjoon were in his position that everyone would react exactly the same.

Taehyung sighed sadly and wrapped his arms around Jungkook, pulling him into a snuggle.

"Jungkook, you're clearly over tired. I know you've been staying up the past few nights. You need to rest." Taehyung said softly. "C'mon."

Taehyung lifted the muscle pig into his arms, holding his butt with both hands, while the younger clung onto his neck with his legs around his waist. Jungkook usually would be stubborn and squirm away, but his exhaustion dropped from the top of the graph to the bottom. His eyes fell shut when Taes warmth cuddle against his body.

Before he knew it, he was being laid down on a soft surface, not having the strength to reopen his eyes, he just accepted it. Although he felt like a failure and disappointment to his hyungs, his body was making the decisions for him, and that decision was sleep. Jungkook was knocked out in a matter of seconds.

"Why didn't he tell us?" Hoseok questioned, looking at everyone else who had followed into the grey toned room.

"He might be feeling down again, yknow, when he stops telling us what's wrong and keeps to himself." Namjoon said quietly, scratching the back of his neck.

"I hate when he does that. He knows we're here for him, especially when he feels like shit." Yoongi huffed, chewing on his nails. He had felt the way Jungkook had before and knew how much it sucked being trapped by your own anxieties, like you're tied to a tree with ropes around your lungs. He only wanted the maknae to be happy. A happy Jungkook could shine like a star.

"I'll talk to him later, or tomorrow morning. I don't want to crowd him with questions after he wakes up." Taehyung said, rubbing Jungkooks cheek with his thumb.

"You're right. He'll get the guts to talk to us, he always has, even if it takes longer than we'd like." Jimin spoke faintly, blinking over to Tae.

The group stood for a minuet or so, reluctant to leave Jungkook alone while he rested. Taehyung managed to persuade the others into leaving, and getting some rest or work done. They couldn't stand around all day and stare at someone sleeping. Doubtful glances were shared before the boys parted, Jimin and Hoseok returning to the dance studio, along with Jin, and Yoongi giving Taes shoulder a pat before heading off to his bunker.

"Want me to get anything before I go?" Namjoon asked, standing ready to open the door. Taehyung shook his head.

"No, we'll be fine. I'll text the group chat when he wakes up." He responded, messing around with his hair.

"Alright, I'll see you later." Namjoon said, waving goodbye.

"See ya." Tae said quietly, keeping his voice low, despite Jungkook being able to sleep like a rock.

Namjoon left, leaving Taehyung to his thoughts.

"I wish you'd have told you us something sooner." He said to himself, looking down at the carpeted floor.

Jungkook shuffled in his sleep, turning his head to the side. For now he would rest, his mind blank and calm, but he would have to face his thoughts again. He would have to face his friends again. And although it was scary, it would all turn out okay in the end.
_________________________

Low key based off my current doubts and anxieties. But~ I hope you enjoyed.

Feel free to leave comments, votes and whatever you feel like.

I love you guys so much 💕