Chapter 4 : The King

Start from the beginning

We're currently hiding in the staff area. Helpers were running around and I'm pretty sure we were sticking out like a sore thumb, seeing how everyone was busy except us.

"You over there!" Someone yelled out.

All three of us instinctively turned our heads, alarmed that someone would notice we weren't actually helpers here.

A lady in a head staff uniform stood behind us, well, more like glowering at us.

"U-uhm, yes? How may we help?" I said, standing straight. Crystal and Andrew did the same. Good. We need to be smart about this.

"Well, can't you see that while everyone is busy, you three are just standing around like a bunch of fools. We pay you to do your work, not for you to just laze around. Get to work. Bring those trays of champagne into the ballroom!" She said loudly before turning around and leaving.

"You know what? This is good, this way we'll be able to get inside the ballroom without anyone suspecting. People will think that we're actually workers." Andrew said, walking towards the trays of champagne.

Me and Crystal nodded and quickly took our own trays.

"After the announcement of the King's entrance and he is seated, we're gonna meet up here again. After we've all gathered here, we're gonna go outside and go. Okay?" Crystal asked.

"Yeah. Okay." Me and Andrew said together.

We went out and started going into different directions.

I walked ahead and started giving out champagnes.

I was nervous to say the least. What if someone saw me and noticed that I'm not one of the staffs? What if I got caught and then I get thrown into prison. My parents! Omg, they are gonna be so devas-

Suddenly i ran into something. Or more like a someone.

Fuck a duck!

"I am so sorry! I wasn't in my right mind, please forgive me!" I said moving backwards and keeping my gaze to the floor.

"That's alright. Just try to be careful next time." A masculine voice said.

I looked up to apologize once again just to be greeted by a sculpture of a man. At that moment ladies and gentleman, I have never met a guy as beautiful and yet masculine as this guy. Impossible. Just impossible.

I stood there with my mouth slightly opened but quickly closed it when I sensed the aura coming off him.

He must be in one of the higher ranks, I thought.

"I am so sorry sir. Please, it won't happen again." I said, bringing the tray closer to me. It was a good thing I ran out of champagne glass, or it would be a disaster.

He looked at me and smirked. "I said it was alright, didn't I?" he asked, arching his eyebrow. Holy fuck that's so sexy.

I blushed and looked downwards, "Yes, t- thank you sir." I nodded my head once and proceeded to turn away.

"Wait." The man behind me said.

"Your name, I would like to ask you your name." He said.

I turned towards him and starred.

"Milea," I said after a few seconds of silence, "My name is Milea, sir." I whispered out.

I knew with his wolf's hearing he could hear what i just said. With that he smirked, nodded and left.

I let out a breath I didn't knew I was holding. That was when I realized something.

Why the hell did I just say my real name? Omg, I am so screwed. What if he noticed and he's currently ordering the guards to get me.