"Victor! Help me!" She said, hissing in pain.

He shot Deathstroke one last time and Deathstroke threw a grenade at the three on the ground.

In a blink of an eye, he was gone.

Batman got up with a limp, and picked up Wonder Woman. Cyborg got up and turned on the jet.

Superman never showed up, and Aquaman just showed up now.

"What happened? Did Amara do this?" He asked.

"Why did you just show up now? We needed you, Arthur. And no, this was her ex partner in crime. Amara was saving civilians on the other side of the city." Bruce said, and put Wonder Woman in the jet.

"I'm going to go get her." Arthur said, and ran away.

"Hey! Whoa! What happened?" Barry asked, coming back from saving people.

Barry, Bruce, Victor and Diana we're now waiting for Amara and Arthur to come back.

Back to the hotel...

Amara was on the bottom of the pool, lifeless. Barely holding onto life. Her pulse was low, and her eyes were blinking a lot. Her leg now had little feeling. She was actually dying, maybe even dead.

"Amara?! Where are you?" Arthur yelled, as he walked around the destroyed buildings.

A woman outside the hotel was on her knees, crying.

"My daughter," She said over and over again.

"What's wrong?" Arthur asked her.

"My daughter was inside the hotel pool. A girl came to me saying she'd get her. She was extremely strong and fast like a superhero. But she went in too late, the building was already collapsing. I guess she died inside with my daughter too." She couldn't stop crying.

'Oh no. It's Amara.' He thought and starting removing rocks.

It wasn't working, and some of the building was still standing. So he went inside.

The first floor was intact, some of it was just crushed. He saw the pool area and ran towards it. Debris covered the water.

He picked up all he could and threw it aside. Once it was clear enough for him to get in, he dived.

He opened his eyes, and it hurt to do for the water was filled with dust and Amara's blood. Arthur put two and two together and realized that she was trapped.

Once he saw her, his eyes light up. He grabbed Amara and her spear from the pool floor and swam back up to the surface.

He set her on the edge of the pool before getting out. He then got out of the pool and placed her gently on his lap.

"Amara. Please wake up." He said to her cold body. "I know you're there."

Arthur began to do CPR and mouth to mouth resuscitation. It wasn't working.

"No. No, no. Amara. Babe. Wake up!" He yelled, and at this point, tears were streaming down his green eyes.

She wasn't waking up, and he felt like it was his fault. He felt like if he hadn't showed up late, she wouldn't be like this now.

But then he thought that he wouldn't let her go like this.

He continued again with the CPR, the mouth to mouth, and the chest compressions. Arthur checked her pulse, and it was barely there. Her body was cold, and practically lifeless.

"Babe. Wake up. I can't lose you like this. No, no, no, no, no. I love you. I need you, just open your eyes? For me. Do it for me."
He managed to say in between his crying. He now was running his fingers through her long, black hair. "Don't leave me, please Amara. Baby. Baby, come on. Babe, please. Please, babe."

Arthur waited a couple seconds and he then realized that he couldn't do anything anymore to a dead person.

"I love you, Princess Andromeda." He kissed her on the forehead.

Out of nowhere, Amara sits up, coughing a ton of water.

"Oh my god, Amara. You're alive!" He said, tears of joy filling his beautiful hazel-green eyes.

He patted her back as she coughed all the water out.

"You're here." She said, smiling and looking up at his glowing eyes. Her hands held his face, and she wiped his tears away.

"Of course I'm here. There's no place I'd rather be than here with you."

"I thought I was a goner." She continued.

"Not on my watch." Arthur replied to the goddess.

"Thank you for saving me. I thought you forgot about me."

"Never."

Amara smashed her lips onto his, in a passionate kiss. Amara felt safe. So safe with him. She never wanted this to end.
Arthur immediately kissed back and held her tight. This was the relief Arthur needed. He thought he lost her.
In unison, they pull back, looking at each other in the eyes.

"Let's go make a mom's day by giving her daughter to her, shall we?" Andromeda asked, and Arthur nodded.

Arthur stood up, picking up the little girl that was a couple feet away from them; and walked outside to where her mother was. Andromeda followed, but she had a limp.

"Oh my god! Isabel!" the mom said, as Arthur handed her, her daughter.

"Thank you, Aquaman and Andromeda." The mom and daughter said to the two.

Arthur picked up his girlfriend and walked inside the jet, that was waiting for them right outside the hotel.

YO GUYS THIS WAS SUCH A SAD CHAPTER TO WRITE... I actually was thinking of making Andromeda die, but I know y'all wouldn't be ok with me if I did that 😂😩
I was crying as I wrote the emotional scene with Arthur and Amara's lifeless body. I hope you like it! Nevertheless, it was a fun, dramatic chapter to write. I really hope you guys like it! Let me know what should happen next, cause right now I'm lost... lol
I love all of you so much! Have a great night or day! God bless each and every one of you🥰