Farewell (Sabo x Reader)

(A/N): This is a vent story inspired by the song Escapism by Rebecca Sugar from Steven universe. I hope you enjoy~

You sat alone staring at the vast sea. The afternoon blend of the skies reflecting amongst it's waters. On the one hand you are too preoccupies with your thoughts. Your heart throbs with an aching sensation, tears daring to spill as it pricks your eyes. All you could feel is a mixture of anger and sadness. You clasp your wrist tightly inflicting some pain to feel better. Footfalls approach you making their presence known as the person takes a seat beside you setting their metallic pipe down after a mission. A mission you both arrived from only for you to gain sad news. You bailed and came here to mope alone.

"Are you alright?" Sabo started. "You just left before Vee could ever finish explaining." You bite your lip glaring intensely into the horizon.

"No." You take a second intake. "I don't know." You sighed relieving all tension."I'm not sure how to feel. I'm angry at myself for the past and I'm sad that Lira is leaving. I know I introduced you to her as my enemy because she's a marine, but after all that she and I grew up together and in the end she's still my friend. A friend I lost ages ago because the military blinded her with their ideals." You hide your face in you lap hugging your knees for comfort. "I thought she was going to die Sabo. I still care about her even after a stupid quarrel about how see the world. I don't want to feel this way. I feel so sad that this time I will never see her again." You silently begin to weep soaking your pants. Your chief frowns heart broken to hear you so distraught. "I can't say good bye when I know it's forever."

The blonde chief pats your head. "Saying good bye is never easy, but it isn't always forever. Friends will always come back if they are willing to see their loved ones. It's not a bad notion to say "bye" instead of never saying it at all. You'll only regret it and since I know you, you don't have any regrets. You say what is needed. Everything to you is an experience. Like when you joined the revolutionary. It frightened you but you did it anyways. Here you are eager for a mission, making an adventure of a lifetime." He consulted. You wipe your tears away and sniffle. "Now come on; don't you want to say good bye?" You scoff starting to feel a little better.

"I guess if I must. I don't want to regret anything like you said." You turn to him and smile. "Thank you Sabo. I'm glad you came to help. I needed a stern talking to." The blonde blushes averting his gaze as he clears his throat feeling bashful.

"I'm just doing my job as a friend. No big deal." He said. A friend. Yeah of course that's his reason. Either way you're content with the outcome of his help as you stood up to nervously ask,

"Um...will you come with me?" A hand is offered to him timidly. He peers at you surprised and gladly takes it rising to his feet.