Chapter 34 - Bad Baby

Start from the beginning

"Yeah we should go to the hospital." I spoke. 

Brandon nodded helping me up. 

"I'm just going to get changed quickly." I told them as Brandon helped me upstairs. 

We all piled into the car as we waited for Tim to fetch the hospital bag. 

"Got it." He jumped into the car. 

"Stacy could you call Carla?" She nodded. "And Brandon when we get to the hospital can you call your Dad and tell him what's going on. He doesn't need to go to the hospital now but I would like if he visited after the baby's born." 

"Sure." He didn't take his eyes of the road.

"Baby." Dahlia clapped excitedly. We had to bring Dahlia as there was no one to watch her.

"You're excited." I smiled at her. 

"Ya!" She grinned. 

***

I sat on the hospital bed with Dahlia next to me we were both coloring as I tried to distract myself when Xavier ran in. 

"Amber!" He grinned walking towards me. "How are you? How's the baby?" He placed his hand on my stomach. 

"We're both fine." I smiled. 

"So you're definitely in labor right?" He asked and I nodded. "Is it a problem that the baby's early?"

"The doctors say that they won't know until the birth." I told him. He nodded kissing me. 

"Yucky!" Dahlia exclaimed making us all laugh. 

I groaned clutching my stomach as Brandon timed the contraction and Xavier whispered reassuring words. 

"Bad baby." Dahlia poked my stomach lightly when my contraction finished. 

"Tim can you sit with Dahlia outside?" I asked him. 

He nodded standing up and picking up Dahlia. Stacy chose to follow them out. 

"So what's going on? How long until you get the c-section?" Xavier questioned sitting on the edge of my bed. 

"The doctors should be here soon to give me the epidural but you'll have to leave the room for that." I rested my head back on the bed. 

"What! Why?" He exclaimed annoyed. 

"Because both me and the specialist don't want you to faint at the needle." I commented. 

"I wont faint!" He insisted. 

"You're scared of needles. Please, I just want it to happen as fast as possible." I begged.

"Okay." He smiled weakly kissing my forehead. 

"Brandon will be there for support so don't worry." I mumbled tiredly before another contraction hit. 

"Deep breaths, baby." Xavier rubbed my arm. 

A few doctors came into the room a minute later. "Are you ready?" A woman asked me. 

I nodded hesitantly shifting my position. 

"Am I right in saying that you will wait outside?" She asked Xavier. 

"Uh yeah." He nodded walking out a small frown on his face. I know he didn't want to leave.

"Please lay on your side and pull your knees up." The doctor told me. 

I did as I was told. Brandon crouched in front of me with a warm smile on his face. He could tell I was nervous. Who wouldn't be? I'm about to have a needle stuck in my spine.