Chapter 22 - Something's happened

Chapter 22- Something's happened 

Amber P.O.V-

"You sound great guys." Stacy applauded Eli and I. "If I'm being completely honest I forgot you was doing this." I laughed. 

"Tonight's the big night." Eli grinned. It was Eli's school's concert that we were singing at. 

"Good luck you guys." Stacy hugged me before running away. Eli and I had just rehearsed the song and we were about to perform in ten minutes.

"Urgh." Eli grimaced at Stacy's retreating figure.

I looked at him confused. "Do you not like Stacy?" 

"She's a lesbian." He spoke. 

Wait, what?

"No she's not." I told him.

"Oh she's fine then." Eli shrugged it off but I wouldn't let this goes that easily. 

"Would it really matter if she was?" I asked him crossing my arms. 

"Gay people are disgusting." He said much to my horror. "I mean don't you think?"

I nodded slowly. "I'm gong to quickly go to the bathroom."

"Be quick you wouldn't want to miss the performance." He smiled.

As I walked away I couldn't help but think how I didn't know he was homophobic. I dated him for a long time but I never knew. In that moment only one thing made sense.

I walked past the bathrooms walking towards the exit. Before I left I managed to catch a glimpse at a stuttering Eli on stage, alone. 

I didn't care that Xavier, Stacy and Tommy were in the crowd waiting to watch me. I just left. 

***

"Hey Amber!" Tim exclaimed as I walked into the pack house. Him and Brandon were cuddling on the sofa, Dahlia asleep on Brandon's lap.

"Hey guys." I smiled at them.

"You're back early, where's the others?" Brandon asked me. 

I didn't care that I left them there. I didn't care that I had given up the chance to go to an elite school. I definitely didn't care that I had embarrassed Eli in front of his whole school. I didn't care that his grades dropped dramatically. If anything he got of easy. 

I looked at Tim and Brandon again. I was about to explain when my phone rang. Xavier, of course. 

"Amber? Where are you?" Xavier asked as I picked up the phone. 

"Hey, I'm at your house." I told him.

"What!" I held the phone away from my ear to prevent myself from becoming death at the sound of his shouting. "You didn't perform. Why did you leave?" 

"Eli's a homophobic idiot so I left." I watched as Brandon's head turned towards me. 

"I could have told you that!" Xavier exclaimed. "We'll be back soon."

"Ok. Bye." I hung up the phone after he said his goodbyes as well.

"Um Tim hold Dahlia a second." Brandon placed Dahlia in Tim's lap careful not to wake her up.

"Amber..." Brandon trailed of gesturing for me to follow him into the kitchen. "Why did you do that?"

"Do what?" I raised an eyebrow. 

"You left!" He exclaimed. "You love that school." 

"I love you more." 

He sighed before hugging me. "You shouldn't have done that."