I seriously couldn't hear anything other than the voice of the singer, hitting the notes from the tops of their lungs. If I hadn't felt hit burning presence beside me, then I might've actually thought I was alone.

Wait-

"Spencer."

"What?" I turned my face and slipped one earbud out. Dominic was now right beside me on his feet, he had to turn down his head a little so he didn't hit the seats from above. Curse his height.

I felt the need to be apathetic, show I wasn't affected by our little secret. Dominic didn't seem like he had a care in the world, he was the one to pull away after all. This didn't mean anything to him and it shouldn't mean anything to me either. So what, we had our foreheads a little close and we held hands?

It shouldn't mean anything.

I pulled my best blank face but inside my chest my heart was raging. Dominic crouched so he was a little closer to me and the blasting music from my other earbud that was still in my ear seemed to fade away as I focused on his features. He had a small beauty mark on his neck.

"Are you planning on becoming deaf?" He nodded to the earphones which made me snap back to my senses. I took both of them out and noticed that you could hear almost everything.

A blush crept up my face.

"Sorry..." I can't believe he could hear it all from where he was sitting, these shit earphones, I swear to God.

No words were shared for a few moments. Dominic only looked at me with a brow raised while I fiddled with my phone to turn off the music and take out the earphones. I won't be listening to anything else after that.

"Did you follow me?" Genuine surprise washed over my face. Following? Why would I follow him?

I thought about our situation. He must think that I went here after seeing him go here or something. I snorted and wondered why he would think so highly of himself. Surely, he doesn't think I'm like obsessed about him or something? Right?

"Not to ruin your gloating but, no." I pressed myself more against the pole supporting my frame as I took in the switch in Dominic's expressions. He seemed focused on my eyes, probably to see if I was lying. His stare was so intense that I averted my gaze, a slight clearing of my throat to cover up my avoidance.

"I like going here sometimes." The hum that passed Dominic's throat showed that he wanted to press the subject. I didn't know what more to add other than that since it was the only truth. Luckily, he didn't say much after that.

He made himself comfortable beside me. I gave him a side eye.

Okay, so I know we're acting all casual and stuff but this is just... To casual. I had a weird mixture of emotions welling up in my stomach. I was confused whether I just wanted to move on and act like our almost-kiss never happened or keep being weird to show that it did happen and it might happen again.

I wasn't sure what to do anymore. I couldn't say much without exposing myself of caring to much when Dominic clearly didn't seem to give two fucks.

Maybe... I really am the only one who feels something.

"What're you listening to?"

"Nothing special." I shrugged tensely. All I had to do was nudge my arm out and our bodies would touch. Dominic was sitting way to close and his eyes were staring down on my phone. I had already taken away the app where I listen to music and now we were both looking down at my home screen.

"Is that you?" Dominic's finger was placed right under my head on the picture with my team from a while ago. Not trusting my voice I nodded.

"You look like a dork."

"Thanks." I rolled my eyes despite knowing Dominic wouldn't see since his eyes were glued onto my smiling face.

"So... Basketball?" It was only one word but I understood what he meant by it. I don't think I ever mentioned playing basketball to Dominic. Maybe it was just a lucky guess or he saw the ball someone was holding between their arms and torso in the picture.

"Yup." I popped my lips and it was around then that Dominic noticed my lack of vocabulary. He leaned away to look at my face properly while giving me a calculating stare.

"Why're you being quiet?"

"I'm answering your questions. Aren't I?"

"I'm trying to start a conversation."

"What if I don't want a conversation?"

"Then what the hell do you want, Spencer?" What do I want? I averted my eyes to look away from him. What do I want? I wondered for the hundredth time.

Do I want to kiss him? confess all my feelings to him? Fuck him to next year?

Okay, the last one seems a bit... I don't even know.

"I don't know." He sighed. I bit my lip.

"Don't do that." I stopped nibbling on my bottom lip with my teeth wordlessly, just simply listening to his soft voice. The frustration he felt a second ago seemed to have made him tired as he only said those last words with tenderness.

"And don't drink either." He added. I couldn't help but smile at the thought of how he cared. He seemed all joke filled when I mentioned it in our chat but I think he might be worried for me in reality.

At least I hope so.

"I don't."

"Good." He nodded.

I continued to look away, "I smoke more now." I gulped.

Dominic stayed silent other than an exhale. It seemed like he sincerely didn't want me to continue destroying my body and that made my heart skip a beat. It was making me wish for things I wasn't sure I should want.

"I used to smoke." Was all he said. I glanced back to the guy beside me. He was the one looking away now. His eyes stayed forward as he looked to be thinking about something far away.

We were quiet for a few seconds. During those seconds I gathered the courage to ask a question that I didn't know was still in the back of my head.

"Why did you beat that guy up?"