Chapter 8

I could've kept walking. I could've acted like I didn't see anything. However, I didn't.

"You know... You shouldn't sleep in the halls." Weird-tall-dark haired guy-that-pushed-me was suddenly below my feet, snoring. I just want to go to english class.

No reaction came from the sleeping giant. He was curled up into a ball, the lower part of his back met the wall and the rest of him leaned over his propped up knees. It looked uncomfortable and people were walking by, giving him weirded out stares.

"Dude." I said, my voice just a tad bit louder than before. Still no reaction.

I went into a crouch position and tapped his shoulder. It felt weird touching a stranger but it had to be done. He sighed so I thought I had woken him up but no, he just sighed in his sleep. Great. Why is he even sleeping here?

Looking at him like this he looked a lot younger than me. He was like a little kid.

"Hey, man." I ended up grabbing his shoulder and gave it a little shake. He grunted softly and slowly raised his head, only to stare blankly ahead of him. Was that drool on his chin?

"I don't think you can sleep here." He turned towards me in slow motion. He looked at me apathetically, although it seemed like there was slight anger in his furrowed brow. Geez, I'm doing you a favour man. Everyone's staring at you, don't give me the, "how dare you disturb my precious sleep" look.

"Who're you?" Well, that's one thing you can ask after waking up.

"Spencer. Now, everyone's staring at you so how about taking a nap in the nurse's office? Tell them you have a headache." I gave the stranger a crooked smile as I stretched my hand out towards him. He didn't take it however, only gave it a dull stare. You're welcome?

"No, thanks." Was all he said before getting up on his feet and then walked away. What the fuck?! Here I am, being nice for once and he just waltz away? What a prick! I huffed out angrily and acted like I just needed to scratch my stomach with my cold stretched out hand. I heard someone giggling in the background. I didn't even turn to see who it was and I began waltzing away myself. Fan - fucking - tastic, now my day's ruined because of some stranger.

"Oh, Spence." 

"Not now." I stomped passed Evan. Ugh, that was kinda childish of me. Oh, whatever, I'm pissed off. Evan can handle it.

"Did something happen?" Oh, looks like Evan wants some 'angry energy' in his system. Or whatever you call it.

"Nope. Nothing happened."

"Oh. Wanna tell me about it?" I swear to God, this guy... Knows me better than I do.

We continued walking down the halls, a little bit faster and rougher than necessary but nonetheless. Finally, I saw a bench placed in one of the larger halls and I sat down with a scoff.

"I'm nice right?"

"Whatever floats your boat." I gave Evan the finger while he took a seat beside me.

"So, this guy was sleeping in the hall. I'm nice so I woke him up to tell him that he shouldn't sleep in the halls like that. He ends up being a huge ass wipe and just walked away! Not even a simple 'thanks'." Evan shrugged as he watched me throw my hands dramatically in the air. I gritted my teeth as I thought about the guy, how can he be so rude?

"He was probably just having a bad day. Don't judge someone from just one simple action." I rolled my eyes and gave Evan a firm slap on the shoulder. I hate him and his smart Momma mouth.

"You're supposed to be on my side."

"I'm not on anyone's side."

"Shut up. I hate you."