Part 30: 🍺

Mabel Azalea Mora

"Zach get your butt here and explain. I'm at Ashtons, I'll send you the address" i wasn't going to be like every other girl in those Wattpad fan fictions, i was going to let him explain. He immediately ended the call and i sighed, tears slowly welling up in my eyes. I sent him the address and looked at Ashton, who was as stunned as i was.

Soon enough, there was a loud knock on the door and Ashton went and opened it. Zach didn't bother to greet him, since he still had some beef with him but he searched the surrounding behind Ashton, his eyes falling on me. I pushed Ashton out of the way and he bolted at me, engulfing me in a hug. Before he could get too close, i placed a hand on his chest and pushed him back, my face scrunching up in both disgust and annoyance. "explain"

"Listen, Hazel rocked up at my house and i really tried to push her out but she wouldn't budge. The boys let her in since they didnt actually know her. She then went on into my room and yes, i gotta admit, things got heated. I tried my best to get her off but Hazel being Hazel wouldn't move. I ended up pushing her off and i promise, absolutely nothing happened except her kissing me, i really tried Mabel" Zach reached for my hands, clutching them tightly while i could feel the shakiness in his hands, desperate and searching.

He looked so sincere, so truthful.

In our lives, we make countless mistakes, ones that could determine our mere future or ones that could onto cause that slight sting in your heart. Mistakes aren't meant to mould us, instead they hold us. they make our heart have this deep desire to do better, to make things good again. Although, some mistakes are too harsh to be considered one, those are just harassment.

But we're teenagers, we make mistakes.

"You promise you'll just kick her out immediately if she comes back?"

"Promise, if i break it, I'll stop giving you flowers" He stated, face completely serious. Once i broke into a small smile, looking into his whirling pools of brown that had so many emotions in them. So many things to love. It was silence between us, until he smiled and handed me a rose, the same one he was holding when he asked me out "May as well give this to you anyways" I took it with no other words.

"I'm still curious, why ask me out in the middle of a basketball game when you knew i would be uncomfortable?" I asked, slightly irritated

"Jacks idea. I thought maybe you could get out of your comfort zone once and for all"

"Still not a valid reason"

"You're walls are too high Mabel" Zach joked "speaking of which, join me for the party tonight? The boys and I are hosting it at our house, ya know, lighten the mood up after so much drama"

"i dont do partys"

"C'mon, it'll be fun, I'll be there to make sure you're safe and sound"

"Yeah right, you're going to disappear on me after 5 minutes"

"Please? You did just reject me today"

"I didn't—"

"Ok end of discussion you're coming. I'll drop you off at your house to get ready, maybe you can even try a dress?"

"Nope"

"Fine, just come" Zach ended. Grabbing my arm and pulling me out the door. I exchanged goodbyes with Ashton and Zach dropped me off at my house.

I groaned the loudest i could and trotted upstairs, looking through my closet. Nichola had some interesting taste in clothes. I looked at the section with all the black tops and dresses, finally settling on a simple black dress that ended just above the knees, it had a slight v cut but it wasn't too much to make me feel like i was going to vomit.

It was long sleeved with the end of the sleeves, draping down a bit. There was no patterns or anything on it, it was just black. I grabbed a black clutch and settled on a small black heel, it was walkable.

You can tell i love black

I curled my hair a bit and just wore stud earrings, nothing special. I didn't put on much makeup, just the amount i did today. Now i wait, i kept looking at myself in the mirror, casually spinning it around. The v cut made me a little uncomfortable but i just decided to yolo, give life a chance. The time struck 8:30, the assigned time zach was going to pick me up. I walked downstairs and swung open the door before Zach would even touch it. Of course, he was outside waiting. He looked me up and down the finally beamed "glad you're finally letting a new side you shine through"

"And which side it that"

"I dare call it sexy"

"Ew stop"

We walked to the car where Zach drove off, quickly arriving at the boys house, booming with music, drunk kids, flashing lights, and way too much PDA.

"Did you invite the whole country?" i murmur, getting out of the car with Zach's assistance.

"You havent even seen half of it" He chuckled, leading me inside. As soon as we arrived, i knew this was a bad idea but i couldn't turn back now. The aroma of alcohol and cigarette smoke full-on blasted me in the face.

I walked along the ground, careful of where i stepped, you would be surprised of the things i found on the floor. Although i kept my distance from Zach, i felt safer to be by his side. We were comfortable with each other again, we completely threw away the fact that he asked me out just today so we could focus on having fun, and not stressing about anything. Some teenagers walked passed me, looking a few years older than me, whistled and some even bit their lips.

Boys

Zach noticed too and immediately, he grew tense and his eyebrows furrowed. He slipped his arm around my waist, bringing me closer to him, almost in a possessive manner.

"Mine" he whispered, more to himself than to me. i blushed a few shades darker before arriving at the bar with drinks, i wasn't planning on drinking at all. A loopy Jack came up to us and cheered at Zach's arms around me, but quickly went away when we both glared at him long and hard. Zach wouldn't move his arms from around my waist, since more and more people started gathering around me.

"Hey" a male suddenly came up to me, sitting on the empty seat next to me. I gulped and looked at zach for help, but that was necessary as he was already dagger staring him down. Before anyone could say a thing, he got up and shoved the stranger "get away from her"

the stranger laughed and simply got up, and walked away. Zach shook his head and shouted above the music so i could hear "I'm going to go find the boys to talk about music business k? We don't have a DJ so may as well get one of those idiots to do it. Dont do anything that i would do" I nodded, letting and let a laugh slip through my lips. Zach kissed me on the head before he walked away slowly, winking at me. I watched him disappear into the crowd as i sighed, looking at the drinks, there was nothing but alcohol.

"Do you have um...soda?" I asked nervously. The bartender laughed and shook his head "oh gorgeous, this is a teenage party, live a little, try some alcohol. Who cares if you're underage, some kids here are even 15 and they are already sucking the faces off total strangers and chugging beer like its water" Its time to let go Mabel, give it a shot. I looked up at the bartender, meeting his eye "I'll have up...that" i pointed at whatever bottle was next to him, there seemed to be a lot of it.

"Are you sure?" The bartender asked concerned. I nodded without hesitation. He passed me the drink and i wasn't even sure what was in it, but i took a sip, feeling my throat burn. i inhaled a deep breath

Screw it.

I chugged the whole thing and people started to have their attention of me. Cheering was suddenly heard from all around me. I was just drinking a drink, what's everyone on about? It took a while for the alcohol to kick in and boy was i extremely regretful about it. After i had a whole bottle of it, the bartender blinked "t-that was the strongest drink we've got."

I was already loopy and out to my mind so i put my hand on the counter and stared at him "that's why i want it" the bartender smirked and handed me three bottles "for you its free young lady" I laughed and just took one, waving everyone off so that their attention would go back to whatever they were doing before. I drank the bottle slowly and i can not remember a single thing afterwards, except choking down more and more.