Part 19: 📷

Zachary Dean Herron

There was a loud slam at the door, Jonah. He looked infuriated and and he did was stand there and glare at all of us.

"J-Jonah, you right?" Corbyn asked sheepishly. Of course he's not alright, he basically has fumes coming out of his ears.

"Get her out" Jonah said, gritting his teeth and clenching his fists

"Who?" Jack asked, his eyes darting from Jonah's fist to his eyes, shooting daggers at us, well, mainly me.

"Get Mabel out" He started to raise his voice, anger shown everywhere in his body. I was confused, i didn't know Jonah hated her that much to want to kick her out. No way was I letting Mabel go just like that, plus she's literally blind

"No what why?!" I asked, worry lacing my voice.

"I SAID GET HER THE FUCK OUT" He shouted, getting close to my face

"She's not staying here forever, she'll leave tomorrow calm down Jonah" Daniel stepped in

"I DONT WANT TO SEE HER EVER AGAIN YOU UNDERSTAND!?" Jonah exclaimed, stepping closer to my face again. I held my stance though, i wasn't just going to let my girl not be able to come into my own house. I started to get angrier as i clenched my fist. Why the hell was wrong with him?

"What the fuck Jonah what's wrong with you? What did she ever do?! You talked to her like...twice!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up

"Listen here Zach. I dont care if you love her or not. I want her gone, she's ruining my life in ways you dont understand. She's a burden to all of us ok? Heck we have to take care of her because she's blind. She's literally making our life's so. Much. Harder." Jonah spat "She's better off dead." Jonah's eyes suddenly widened and his jaw dropped a bit "i-i.." he began, beads of sweat falling down. My heart shattered at his words, how could he even say such a thing? I clenched my fist even harder marks started to appear. It took everything not to punch Jonah right there and then

"You take that back right now" I said, glaring at him. He didn't say anything except move his mouth a bit "What the heck is your problem?! What has she ever done to you to deserve this? She deserves the world and this is what you do to her? You know i love her with all my heart and guess what, no. No i'm not kicking her out just because of your selfish attitude. If she's out, I'm out." I shot back at him, rolling my eyes and giving him a small shove to get out of the way. I walked out the door to Jonah's car and snatched the keys from his hand without saying a word. I swung the car door open and grabbed Mabel's bag while trying to calm down. The Jonah i know would never say this about anyone, even if he hated her. Ugh, what is wrong with that boy? When i went back in, all the boys were gone and Jonah was quietly sitting on the couch, staring at a piece of paper that looked like a photo of him and a girl that i couldn't quite make out, it oddly looked like Mabel, blonde hair blue eyes, beautiful. I shrugged it off since questioning Jonah isn't my forte right now. I stomped upstairs in fury and swung the door to my room, forgetting that there was a sleeping Mabel in it. Realising my mistake, i stopped in track, watching her stir. She sat up slowly and started fiddling with her blankets, well, mine blankets "Zach?"

"Yeah...hey, you recognised me straight away"

"I know what you smell like, I've spent way too much time with you" She answered, her cheeks heating up as she bit her lip, realising what she just said, changing the topic as fast as she could "why are you up anyways?"

"Oh um...couldn't sleep. I got your stuff though" I held the bag out to her, she didn't budge, i didn't really expect her to

"Is Jonah mad at me?" She asked, i dropped the bag and looked at my feet.

"Y-yeah" I answer walking towards her and placing myself next to her

"Did i do something?" She asked

"No no, i know you would never. I don't know what's up with him, i promise I'll figure it out." I sighed "he was looking at a photo of him and another girl, she had blonde hair and blue eyes, creepily like you"

"I didnt know Jonah before i met you...it definitely isn't me i can tell you that" she shrugged, lying back down. I let out a sigh of relief as i saw Mabel smirking up at me "you jealous?"

"N-no! It's not you anyways..."

"Pft yeah yeah suuurrree." She smirked, slowly closing her eyes again "There's no reason for you to be jealous anyways, I'm not yours if you know what i mean" she's not mine, i'm not hers. It's sad to hear that phrase, but its the truth as much as i want it to be different, not all dreams become reality straight away. Your moment is coming Zach, just wait it out. I sighed and lay down with her, i dont think she realised or else I'll sure be dead. I want her to be mine. She's not, I'm such a chicken, why can't i just ask out her out already? She'll say yes...right? That's what i'm afraid of, rejection. I've always thought me and Mabel had a connection, yet she wont let me properly break her walls down.

'Your the one who can change her Zach'

If only.

"Zach? Where are you? Come here" Mabel whispered, her arms crawling around the mattress. Maybe i already broke down her walls. I smiled and reached for her hand "right here my love" Her arms wrapped around my waist and i had a second of happiness before Mabel turned into well, Mabel.

"Awww your so cute" She cooed, inching towards the side of the bed while holding me in her arms. Maybe not. Before I knew it, i lay face down on the floor with soft snickers coming from above me.

"You're not sleeping with me Zachary" Mabel said, a tint of laughter in her voice. At least she laughed.

"Bitch" i muttered under my breath, slowly getting up

"What was that?" Mabel asked

"Ooh um, i said, uh, baby! Yeah, i love you baby!"

"What?"

"ok bye! Love you muah" I called, blowing a kiss in her direction. Getting out of her room, i hurried back to the couch. I was about to crash onto the couch when i saw Jonah, still staring at the photo. This time, i peaked at it. The girl looked too much like Mabel...but she didn't know him before, what? She had the same features except she looked younger, probably taken a few years back but she had the same hair and eyes like Mabel, except the girl had an odd tint of purple around her irises. the Jonah in the photo had his arms around her, holding her close to his body. This looked like it was taken at prom or something, both very dressed up. Jonah looked at least a few years younger too, probably before the whole Why Dont We thing. Jonah suddenly snapped his head back and hid the photo in his jacket "what the hell Zach?" Jonah exclaimed, standing up

"Ok I'm sorry! I was curious" i said, holding up my hands in defence "Why is Mabel in your photo?"

"It's her—" Jonah began, stopping himself "none of your business ok?"

"It better be my business if Mabel is in it?" I hissed back

"Leave me alone, none of this concerns you" Jonah said lowly, walking upstairs. I huffed and collapsed on the couch, sleep taking over