Part 23: ☯️

Mabel Azalea Mora

3 days ago...

i blinked, sitting up and looking around me. Immediately as i attempted to open my eyes, i got blinded by a sharp light shooting at me, making me squint a bit. After a few seconds of adjusting, I saw color, shapes, textures, objects...i could see.

"W-what? How? I-I'm not blind!" I yelled happily, quickly shutting my mouth again. I was seemingly outside, there were multiple trees and dirt everywhere, i was literally in the middle of a forest.

I stood up and dusted the dirt off me. My stomach was growling while i looked at everything. It seemed new, like I've never seen trees in my life. I guess I'm so use to the dark by now everything seems odd. How did i even end up here? Oh wait...my uncle might've thought i was dead and got rid of my 'dead body' by chucking me in the midst of a forest? I sighed, dropping back down on the floor and playing with the dirt.

There was no one with me, i was bound to die. I didn't know how to properly survive in a forest...do many people know how to do that? No. People dont just casually get thrown in the forest alone by their psycho uncle and just so happens to be blind.

I stood back up and decided to walk in one direction in hopes of finding the way out. It was early in the day so it wasnt completely dark out, at least that's a pro out of the many cons. I walked for about 20 minutes before i heard footsteps. My heart started beating faster and i ran to a tree, attempting to hide behind it but then i heard my name being called out. I raised my eyebrow and stepped out from the tree, looking around to see a mob of police. I dont know if i was meant to be happy or afraid but i just stood them, staring at them until one of them said "Mabel Mora?"

"Uh...y-yeah"

Everyone pulled their guns down and two of them took me by the arm. I didn't resist but i just followed them, really really confused. I kept quiet as one of the officer pulled out a photo of me and looked from me to the photo while walking. There was a small conversation between 2 officers before them both smiled and kept walking. Where the hell did they get that photo? No one has photos of me, not even Nichola and my parents, well, unless you count baby photos...except Zach. I miss that kid. I shook all my thoughts that were clouding my head away and stared forward blankly.

After about 45 minutes of walking, we arrived at a police car and i slid in next to an officer who seems a bit too happy. He soon nudged me and whispered "someone really misses you" i raised my eyebrow at him and didn't reply.

Zachary Dean Herron

One hour before...

"WHY THE FUCK WON'T YOU LET ME GO!?" I screamed at one of the police.

"It's not safe sir" He said back, pulling me by the arms and pushing me back. The cars were about to go but i was determined to get on it.

"YOU DONT UNDERSTAND LET ME HELP FIND HER" I continued scream, throwing my fists at him but he easily dodged. After about another 15 minutes of fighting, the cars and trucks already took off. I stopped trying to punch the guy and dropped back down into the seats in the police department. Now i have to wait...great. I didn't really care what i looked like because i wanted so badly to see Mabel. My hair was the messiest it's ever been and my eyes were bloodshot. Surprisingly, i hadn't gotten a lot skinner but i definitely had lost some weight, i guess bread can keep you alive. I placed my elbow on my knees and run a hand through my hair. 2 hour past and i haven't moved from my seat at all.

"Sir i think you should—" one officer said before i heard the door open. I didn't bother looking up since the door opened about 100 times in the past 2 hours, it might just have been officers coming in and out. I groaned and just when i was about to stand up, a heard a voice i missed so badly "Zach?"