Part 17: ⚫️

Zachary Dean Herron

"Sir, sir, wake up" a soft voice echoed above me

"Huh?" I looked around the empty hospital building.

"Sir, Mabel Mora is in room 356 and she made it out alive with the best possible outcome, although still with some bruises and scratched and unfortunately, temporarily blind fo—" i didn't even let her finish and bolted to room 356, which was just in one room down. i swung the door open to see Mabel laying peacefully on the bed. I walked over and sat down in one of the seats, pushing it forward so i could be closer to Mabel. I held her hand and i was relieved for a second, just feeling her touch.

"Mabel?" I said, looking at her eyelids "you awake?" There was no response. I sighed and held onto her hand tighter "i missed you, I'm sorry that i didn't come earlier. I'm sorry that i let all these things happen to you. I'm sorry that i didnt protect you. I truly am sorry. Please say something back. I love you and i literally cant live without you. You are my sunshine in the darkness. " i ranted, loads of tears wetting Mabel's hand. Then i heard a chuckle above me.

"Oh my—" i stuttered, standing up whilst knocking the chair over

"I love you" Mabel said, smiling. She sat up slowly and i pulled her into a hug as the Niagara Falls fell from my eyes. "Oh my god Mabel." There were footsteps everywhere but i ignored them, i only cared about the human that was in my arms right now. "Sunshine in the darkness?! You're hilarious bro." She laughed into my neck. I pulled away and just stared at her, my gaze going down the her lips. This time, instead of me making her kiss me. She grabbed my face and kissed my lips, smiling against it i held onto her cheeks as she held onto my neck, like i taught her before. Everything erupted from fireworks to magic dust. I couldn't be any happier right now, with the one person i love with all my heart. I didnt care that we were in it middle of a hospital room, i cared that she was with me, right now.

"Uh hum excuse me" someone said, she pushed me back and laughed.

"Eh yes?" I said, my cheeks lighting on fire.

"I need to run some tests on her so can i ask you to leave the room for a few minutes?"

"Zach why are the lights off?" Mabel asked, crossing her arms over her chest. Oh, she's really blind.

"Dont worry baby, i-it'll be ok. The doctors will explain" i sighed

"Ew dont call me baby" She groaned "and your breath smells like shit. how long were you in here?" There's the old Mabel again. I laughed "long enough to hear you say i love you"

"I'm starting to regret it"

"Aww baby girl."

"Ew. Get away from me"

"Anyways, I've got to go. The doctors gotta run tests." I said, going over to her and kissing her forehead

"Awe" she muttered.

"What was that?" I smirked, holding the handle of the door

"Nothing! Goodbye!" She called. I walked out the room and closed the door behind me. I didn't know what i was feeling but i had the widest smile on my face, maybe because we kissed? She kissed me to specific. She kissed me. Freakin Mabel Azalea Mora, the one that wanted nothing to do with me. I punched the air and said to myself  "HELL YEAH FINALLY" i was earning weird looks so i calmed down slightly, but my feet wont stop moving.

"Oh my god ohh my god OH MY GOD" i squealed like a 5 year old in a store filled with candy.

"Woah you right mate?" Jack's voice sounded as i almost punched him in the face due to my over-happiness.