Part 2 : 🤭

{🌺 }

"hey"

I didn't look up and replied "hi"

"Um...if you didn't hear before, I'm Zach"

"Cool"

"And you?"

"Mabel"

"Not much of a talker?"

"I keep it to a few words." There was a few seconds of silence before i looked up to see Zach staring back at me. Then out of nowhere, he pulled out a azalea (🌺 just for reference haha) he spun it around with his fingers. I tried not to stare but it is kind of bizarre that he just has a flower sitting in his bag. I looked up at him and he smiled, handing me the flower.

"For you" He stated, i just stared at it and didn't even bother to touch it

"why?"

"A hello gift"

"No thanks"

"Take it, please. Throw it away later but just take it for now"

"I said no thank you"

Zach shoved it into my hand "take it" I rolled my eyes and gave up, holding the flower. I examined it and honestly, it was beautiful. For the next few minutes, it was silent and Zach kept staring at the flower and then back at me

"Can i help you?"

"Your middle name is Azalea right?"

"How does that concern you?"

"The flower, it's an azalea"

"So?"

"Actually never mind, i just wanted to confirm that"

I simply rolled my eyes at him and continued scrolling through my Instagram feed about the 100th time today.  I wasnt focussing on any of the photos instead I was thinking of Zach. Most people would've just given up after i said my first word but Zach, he was different. Why is he so persistent in knowing me and becoming my 'friend'? I'm just a loner who does not want many friends. The Uber stopped as Jonah began to get out. Zach opened the door for me as i whispered a "thanks". I kept my head low this whole time, texting Nichola that we were there already.

Nichola hasn't arrived yet so me and Zach sat down on the couch, me, still on my phone. Zach started to hum a tune as i looked up slightestly. To be honest, he had an amazing voice just judging but his humming. I let out a quiet "your pretty good" as Zach stopped humming, surprised of my sudden sentence. I think he just established that i just didn't talk at all.

"Um, thank you"

I nodded and continued to listen to my music, turning it up louder to block out the background ruckus that Jonah was making. I dont even know what he was doing but he sure was doing something. I didn't bother to look either.

"So...you like singing?"

Zach might have thought that my 3 word statement was an indication for him to start making a conversation. I immediately regretted complementing him on his voice as he pressed on with questions.

"Hello?"

"I can hear you"

"Good. Er...mind answering my question?"

"My answer is no"

"Do you like listening to music?"

"Yes"

"Why dont you talk to me face to face?"

I looked up to meet his chocolate orbs. "And why do you care?"

"I just guess caring for a friend is too much to ask"

"I'm not your friend"

"Can you just stop snapping at me?!"

"Get used to it"

"What did i ever do to you?"

"I asked that same question when L— never mind"

"What?" Zach's face softening

"I said never mind! Now leave me alone and go spread positivity somewhere else"

"I'm staying right here"

"What the heck is wrong with you? Could you just leave me alone? I dont like your presence nor do i like you keep trying to be my stupid friend. I don't want friends ok?"

Zach's face froze as i saw his eyes dart down. He took a deep breath. I could tell he was hurt but decided to ignore the fact. Stop, you dont feel for people. He is a nosy boy who wants to get all up in your business. He is an annoying boy who just wants your life to be miserable. I saw him stand up madly but the door swung open, revealing the others. He is a boy who actually cares. I rubbed my face, trying to get those voices out of my head. He doesnt care, no one cares.

I saw Daniel's arm around Nichola as a cringed, love right? No, it's going to last for a week and that's it. There was this discussion that i was not focussing on at all. I tried once again to get away from Zach, but all the others made, i repeat, MADE us sit together. You could tell we weren't on good terms, just by our actions. I ignored him the whole way, casually making a barrier from me and him using pillows so i couldn't see his face anymore.

I saw the characters move around the screen as this thought clung to the back of my head. Guilt. I laid my head back, sadness spilling into my heart. This never happened, until i met Zach. I quickly shook it off again. These thoughts are getting to you again, stop. This happened with Lachlan too. Dont let it happen to you again. In the corner of my eye, i saw Zach stand up and go upstairs to his room. Guilt hitting me right in the chest once again. I groaned as my mind starting spinning. I controlled my breathing ever so slightly and lay back a bit more. I've had to control my breath so much ever since Lachlan left me, i'm pretty good at it now...but it's nothing something i should be proud of. I sighed, realising i cant take it anymore and headed upstairs.

Silently, i came to what i believed to be Zach's room, judging by how it had a big, wooden letter painted black that spelt Z. I knocked and got no response. I sighed and knocked again, this time getting a reply.

"What do you want."

"If your going to be like this i might as well leave."

Zach suddenly jolted up and begged for me to come in. I rolled my eyes, a smile threatening to spread on my lips. At my small smile, Zach seemed to be on top for the world all of a sudden.

"I came hear to say — "

Zach's smile faded and walked up to the door, about to leave "If your just going to be rude and obnoxious like before, I might as well leave. I'm not here to listen to your crap."

If i had to be honest, this hurt me. I've done this to so many people yet this boy was the first to make me feel something. Ive locked myself away from society ever since just 6 months ago. Opening up the slightest when i met Nichola

"Zach."

"Seriously, if you're here to make me feel bad about myself. I'll be happy to leave you alone."

"I'm here to apologise"