"Thanks," He seemed flattered. "But I've already started looking for other jobs. There's an opening for an junior associate editor at Sport Illustrated that's got my name written all over it. Even though I'd rather write more important articles than sports, it'd be a nice change. It would challenge my versatility. And it'd be to make more friends."

I frowned at the thought of Kevin working at a different company. I've gotten used to seeing his face, taking our little moments for granted. It was unexpected that a real friendship would have blossomed from this internship, and I'm relieved to have found comfort in him. "I refuse to let you work somewhere else. You belong here with me."

This time, it's his turn to blush and for a second, I lose my breath once I replay what I've just said in my head.

You belong here with me. Great, he probably thinks you're obsessed with him.

"U-uh, I meant-"

"-I'm not going anywhere yet-"

"-didn't really mean here with me-"

"-enjoyed working with you-"

We both fumbled with our words above one another, neither of us really listening to what the other was particularly saying. The atmosphere between us, suddenly crossing the bridge from friendship to possibly more with each awkward movement. I fidgeted in the cushion seat, pulling the ends of my skirt down, as he fixed his glasses, scrunching his nose.

"I'm-uh," He started, picking up the mirrors from the ground, "I'm going to g-get back to work so-"

"Yeah," I blinked. "Uh, I should too."

"I'll uh, see-"

"See you later," I finished for him, smiling.

"Bye," He shrugged a shoulder and smiled before spinning on his heel and walking away.

As he hurriedly tried to make an escape, my eyes traced the outline of his back, down to his bum, and straight through his legs. I couldn't help but admire how broad his shoulders were as his muscles holding up the heavy mirrors, and the way it makes him flex his butt with each step he takes.

What are you doing, Haley?

"Good morning," Nate appeared out of nowhere.

"Hey," I greeted back, pretending to be busy with what was on my screen.

"You owe me for the coat closet," He whispered lowly as he brushed past my desk to enter his office.

I squeezed my eyes shut.

Seriously, what are you doing, Haley?

________________________________

Later that day, I went to the office lounge since I smartly decided to save money and bring the pasta I had cooked last night. This counted as the first time I'd be interacting with a majority of the interns, even the office, in awhile. It also served as the longest I've had stayed in the building. Usually, I was out working decorations, doing research, or getting food out and about on the streets of Manhattan, but today, we've finalized all the decorations for the Gala, I'll be starting research for the double issue tomorrow, and my lunch for the day was taken care of.

"Well, well, well!" A jolly deep voice rang through the lounge.

I spun around and smiled. "Tony!"

"What's going on, girl?" He said, bringing me in for a tight squeeze. "It's been awhile. Did you get a new haircut?"

I laughed and tugged the ends of my locks. "I actually think it's grown since the last time you've seen me."

"You know I've been around women too long when I start noticing things like their hairstyles," He shook his head. "God save me - I can't wait until this internship is over."