Chapter 8

•Thought I Knew You•

Winter

Monday.
It's Monday and I am on my way to school. Actually, if you think about it, Mondays aren't bad you just hate your school, job or whatever.

My weekend was alright I chilled at home, not wanting to go out and have fun like normal teenagers.

Remember the scene on Friday? The one with Hayes? When he said that he will "speak to me later". Well he did. He called and texted me but most of the time I ignored it.

I thought about why he would even text me, let alone talk to me in the first place. Was this some kind of joke? Or a bet maybe? I did not know but I surely will not keep him close to me. I should just ignore him, yeah, I'll ignore his presence.

Pulling into the school's parking lot, I quickly found a parking spot and made my way to the entrance after locking Ben.

Students were scattered all over the school's front yard and hallways as I kept walking tuning out the noise and people. Finally reaching my locker Rena appeared out of nowhere and hugged me, "Hi girl, how are ya doin'?"

I hugged her back and replied to her question while putting in my code for the lock "I'm fine, what about you Rena?"

When she didn't answer I snapped my fingers in her face "Serena!" but she was way to concentrated on something behind me to care. Only then did I notice that the hallway chatter turned into an eerie silence.

Inwardly groaning, I rolled my eyes, Hayes. Everyone was gawking at him, were we in some kind of movie or something? I mean come on! Bad boy and I had eye contact for a second before I turned away, slammed my locker shut, and started to my first class of the day, Maths! Joy! Note the sarcasm, will you?

"Mystery Girl, hold up!"Hayes called but I disregarded it and picked up my pace, this hallway didn't seem to end! Suddenly my upper arm was grabbed by a large hand forcing me to come to a halt.

"Why didn't you wait?"

All people standing in the hall with us and watched started to whisper to each other while gaping at us totally not hiding the fact that it was about us!

Not wanting to be the center of attention, I tried to rip my arm out of his grip while mumbling at him to let me go. Hayes got the message and let my arm fall out of his hand.

The whispers increased as I quickly glanced at him and made a run for it... Hey, I just don't want to talk to him and I have a plan to follow!

But he didn't.

"Winter!" The boy yelled but I kept going, only for me to arrive at my first class huffing and puffing.

The classroom was empty when I entered it but students started filling in and when seeing me shooting me disapproving or some disgusted looks, cue the eye roll again.

Mrs. Lockhart waltzed in, set her stuff down, and turned to us, as she started to talk about what we were going to do today, the bad boy busted through the door.

Hayes was in this class? No I would have noticed, if not from paying attention to the lesson and its people, then I would have heard from my friends.

"Mr. Coleman why are you disrupting my lesson?!"

That old hag yelled but Hayes only smirked. "I'm taking this class now." He continued to smirk as he made his way over to me, why me.

"Alright then class listen up!"

Everyone quietened down from their whispers about bad boy by the demand of Mrs. Lockhart
"No more disrupting and as soon as Mr.Coleman finally sits down I start!"

Hayes glared at the boy who sat next to me which made him squirm under the heated gaze he was given.

"Stand up and find a new seat." He calmly instructed making the poor boy jump out of his seat and running across the room without wasting a second.

"Okay class let's start..." I zoned out as her sentence trailed off.

Halfway through the lesson something hit the side of my head multiple times. Whipping my head to the side I was met with an amused expression from Hayes. I glared at him not at all entertained I would rather listen to the teacher right now than talk to him, the plan remember?

He bent forward and whispering "Are you alright?"

"Shut up I want to listen," Okay that was a total lie but can you blame me?

In reply only getting a scoff made my eyebrow raise and my eyes roll, "As if I know that since teacher over there began you started doodling and doing everything except paying attention to the lesson," he said matter of factly.

Ignore him Winter! Focus on the plan!

Doing a little head shake I placed my gaze on the sheet sitting in front of me with doodles all over it and continued to draw brushing off any more noises.

15 minutes left

I-I-I I thought I knew you, I-I-I I guess I didn't

Nicki Minaj's lyric lingered on my mind. I loved Lee I really did and we had a nice sleepover as always but I wasn't sure. The past two months she's been distancing herself which made my self-defenses around build up a little. If I don't ask then she doesn't tell me anything also she has been so close with Aaliyah and Serena and just is so ignorant when we're not alone.

For example if we see each other in the morning before class she just talks to the other two and completely ignores me. And if we were for real here yeah it hurts, she was my best friend and turning into a complete stranger.

In front of others, she was always so sassy to me and not the good kind of it she made me look so bad but it didn't matter as long as she stood good. This weekend I thought a lot about our friendship and I didn't know what to do. When we were alone like we had been at my house on Friday, everything was normal but as soon as there were people she often didn't even acknowledge my presence. I wasn't fond of such shady shit. Be real or stay far away from me.

My body froze when a warm and soft finger stroked my left cheek where only then I came to the realization that a silent tear escaped my eyes. I'm such a crybaby damn.

His whole hand clasped around my cheek making me leaning into its warmth. How could nobody notice this? Especially the teacher she usually has hawk eyes! Coming to my senses I rapidly pulled my head away.

8 minutes left

"Mrs. Lockhart Winter here doesn't look too well I'm concerned could I bring her to the nurse?" At the sound of my name slipping out of his mouth my head snapped up and my eyes landed on the strict teacher looking at me suspiciously.

"Are you not feeling well Winter?" She asked.

I gaped at her not knowing what to do so I glimpsed at the bad boy sitting far too closely for my liking and when his eyes gave me a 'play along' look I nodded my head at the maths teacher who was looking at us through narrowed eyes. But that quickly vanished.

"Take your stuff you do look a little pale Winter, let it get checked out and Hayes since you are so intent on being near Ms. Delaney please accompany her to make sure she arrives safely at the nurse's office."

Hayes smirked took his and my stuff pulled me up by my hand while I was still baffled that she let us go so easily with only 6 minutes left!

When we were at the front I glanced at the now muted classroom with everyone giving Hayes dreamy eyes and me the stink eye but that wasn't something strange, it was rather the fact that I heard Mrs. Lockhart mumbling, "Teenagers and their loves nowadays," under her breath. What the?

------------------------
yo Lee why are you such a b.
lol