Chapter 3

•Pop Style•

Winter

I made my way from History class to my third period class, German, actually I was also fluent in German. I really enjoy learning different languages and the cultures where the language is spoken, it's totally interesting. For me, that was.

Sitting in the class, I put the hood of my hoodie over my head and started to fall asleep again. Mrs. Adler went to the door and suddenly in came Hayes Coleman.

I was well aware of who Coleman was, the bad boy, stupid kids of today always coming up with more and more absurd things. If you have a friend like Aaliyah you are not allowed to not be up-to-date, even if you are- she always tells you everything you need. Personally, I strongly believe it was useless. The teenagers of today care too much about rumors, their images and popularity. But I might be the only one who thinks so. My friends always gossiped about him. Coleman sat down at the other end of the class and started to actually interact with the teacher.

I must admit hearing him talk German was kind of cute, his voice was deep and gruff with a light, hidden accent that I couldn't detect. Something I wouldn't expect from an eighteen-year-old boy. It can make any girls knees weak, I guess.

Hayes L. Coleman, the following information was pressed into my brain by the freaking weirdos I call friends, he is 18 going on 19 in a while, no one knows his middle name, and he barely interacted with anyone. There are many rumors about him being in a gang. Hayes is not completely American but again no one knows from where else he is, he has dark brown tousled hair and hazel eyes. He doesn't do relationships and is mostly alone, he apparently doesn't like people, who does?

Anyhow, sitting here at my desk made about to fall asleep from boredom, and five minutes later that what exactly what I did. The ringing of the bell woke me up, so I made my way to PE a subject I usually despised, but sometimes I really like to workout just not in school, sue me.

My PE teacher Mr. Buckler started yelling, like always, about us playing volleyball and Chad and Hayes being the team captains. Chad is the 'popular jock' in our school, Quarterback, On and Off relationships, the list goes on. Everyone in this school was a stereotype, I swear.

I saw Hayes make his way over to the coach, and automatically every girl began to push her ass and boobs, that's what they always do. When I saw that I questioned myself about the missing dignity and self-respect these girls had. All I could do is roll my eyes really. I zoned out as coach said something and started thinking back to a couple weeks ago.

I<I<I<I

I looked at Rena as she began to laugh at something on her phone, probably a meme, I thought.

Aaliyah was ranting about someone not answering her snap on Snapchat and blatantly ignoring her, probably a boy again.

Lee was on her phone, probably watching a Make-Up tutorial. We were all chilling at my home, chatting about an upcoming birthday party from our friend Stella, what we were going to wear, hair, make-up and  stuff like that.

Everything was at peace, there were many conflicts with other girls in our 'squad', but there was too much betraying each other. Too much trust was used and destroyed their friendships. Originally we were ten people in our squad, but there was much distrust within the group so many things left unsaid, that now it is only us four. Lee suddenly started gushing about a guy and Aaliyah instantly was with her.

I pulled out my phone and connected my phone to the music speaker, putting on music to dance to a Turkish Folk dance, Halay. Rena's ears picked up the sound of the music and we quickly went to stand in line with our pinky's connected. Three steps forward, three steps back and that in a circle around the room. We were having so much fun and were laughing our asses off, not once thinking about our problems. Or the things we need to worry about. It was just us four dancing, after the other two joined us, and having fun. After a little while we were a bit exhausted from dancing and laughing so hard.

So I came up with the brightest idea "LET'S GO TO BURGER KING!" I suggested maybe a little too loud, but I got answers nevertheless. "WENDY'S!" That was definitely Shelly. "MC DONALDS!" Rena.

Last but not least, "SUBWAY!" Liyah. I got my car keys and we all got in, on our way to our favorite fast food restaurants.

I>I>I>I

I smiled to myself at the memory, when I felt eyes on me. I tried to find who was looking at me by looking around the room but was only found with the alluring eyes of Hayes Coleman. I could feel my pupils dilate; my eyes becoming wide, and my cheeks getting a rouge tint. He chuckled and that caused all eyes to come upon me. Then he pointed at me, my eyebrows furrowed and I was freaking confused, but caught on. Hayes Coleman wanted me on his team. As the first person, what the hell? My eyes widened even more and to avoid more embarrassment I quickly made my way over to him.

Totally feeling the jealous glares burning into the back of my head, I stood beside Hayes. Suddenly everyone looked at him, back at me then looked completely away looking kind of scared. Catching a quick glimpse up at him, I saw him giving our classmates an icy glare and lightly pushing me behind him, which made me shudder.

Just then Chad called "Irelynn." Irelynn was nicely spoken a bitch. She glared at Chad then turned her head to glare at me before sending Hayes a wink, well I think it was meant to be seductive. It actually looked like she had twitches.

I tapped him on his back shyly, and when he tensed I was nervous thinking that I shouldn't have touched him, but as he relaxed I was less worried.

As I saw his shoe fronts turn to me, I rapidly whispered looking at the ground, not taking my eyes off of it "Can you pick the one in the red shirt please." I didn't get any answer for a few seconds and immediately thought that he pretended he didn't hear me. Only for him to reply seconds later, "Look up at me." His voice softly and quietly demanded. Damn his voice was amazing.

Yet, I slowly looked up at him, letting my eyes wander around the room real quick, before looking back up at his beautiful mixed-colored orbs. Knowing our class including the teacher were watching us, I hushed out, "Everyone is looking." Then pleaded him again to pick Liyah. "Please pick her, her name is Aaliyah." His response was him exclaiming loudly my friend's name. 

I directed my gaze to Aaliyah who snapped out of some kind of gaze. She stood there just trying to process something, I know the look in her eyes.

Trying to tell her with my eyes that she should get the fuck over here, she quickly got it and came. "What the fuck Lia?" she quietly asked.

"I don't know Liyah, I really don't!" I only answered just as quiet.

"Why did he chose you?, and why the hell is he looking at you like that?"

"I told you Aaliyah I don't fucking know!" Our conversation was silent, very silent, I don't believe anyone could have heard us.

PE was unnerving, the permanent stares were really annoying me. But in the end our team won, and as coach shouted that we can go change I took Liyah by her arm and dragged her out of there as fast as I could, not wanting to have anymore encounters with Hayes L. Coleman.

"ow, Ow, OW! De slow the frick down!" My friend whined. I mumbled a sorry and went into the locker room, only to be greeted with nasty glares. I didn't do a thing! Aaliyah strutted in behind me and went to change her clothes, I sighed and went to do the same.

I was about to put my gym bag in my locker which I had opened only for it to be slammed shut. Taking a deep breath I already knew who it was by the disgusting smell of too much perfume. Irelynn.

"What was that today freak? Who do you think you are, flirting with my boyfriend!" She roared, literally roared, with her squeaky voice in my ear.

"Calm down squeaky, I didn't do shit." I snorted.

"Shit my ass, you were clinging to his back you pathetic little freak, I warn you stay away from him!" she actually threatened.

I don't like being threatened so I simply sassed knowing she couldn't fight after, "What ass? Take your bitchy self and your loose threats elsewhere alright? Now get out of the way barbie, I ain't gon' take shit from you." She went red, screeched and stormed out of the changing rooms.

"Puttana!" I spun around to see a fuming Italian girl ready to go after brunette barbie bitch, but I held her back.

"Come on, let's get to lunch." Liyah instantly forgot most of her anger, and began to drag me to the cafeteria. At that I could only laugh.