quentin

We arrive at The Sanctuary. Kelly hasn't had her baby yet, thank god. Colleen and I were holding hands the whole trip, even though our family still doesn't agree with it. But, the world is ending. Why should this matter?

We get out, and a woman meets us at the entrance. It's a high school, and has gates around it everywhere.

"Naomi Freedman, the advisor. Who are you?" A colored woman asks us.

"Quentin Charles" I say.

"Colleen Makentire,"

"Candace Makentire,"

"I'm Dan, their father. This is Kelly, my wife."

"I'm Loraine Charles or Loraine Maria. I'm not sure what you do with your last name when you become a widow."

"Oh, I'm sorry for you loss." Naomi answers.

"He was a jerk, but it was a terrible way he died." my annoying mom says.

"So what exactly is this place?" Kelly asks.

"A safe place, or a Sanctuary. My sister and I, Cheyanne, are doctors. Surgeons, actually and we just want the most safe people we can get. Since the virus doesn't spread anymore besides a bite from the DM, we need to arm together and stay safe for now." Naomi explains.

"I won't take your guns, if you have any. But my people need to check you. Make sure you don't have any open wounds or bites, obviously. Please let them do this." Miss Freedman tells us.

"Ooh, new people!" A woman who looks almost exactly like Naomi walks out and introduces us to the guards.

"I'm Cheyanne Freedman. This is Gunner and Axl, my guards. They are nice, I promise. But now is the time to hand over your weapons. They'll be given back to you in no time." She says.

She was wearing a maroon tee with jeans. Naomi was wearing an army jacket over a shirt and pants with holes, they were both dressed for war or something.

I look over at Candace, who was staring at me. I grab Colleen's hand and walk her inside.

I had to prove that I loved her.