candace

"Will you marry me?" He asks.

"Yes!" I squeal and he pics me up and kisses me.

He slides the gorgeous ring on my finger, and I then show it off to my family.

"I love it, Raleigh." I say gratefully.

"It's beautiful, Candace." My sister Colleen compliments.

I go and hug my dad, he congratulates me. "I wish mom could be here,"

"Me too." He admits.

Kelly awkwardly smiles at me, because she knows that I don't love her as much as I loved my mother.

Kelly is pregnant with my dad's baby. He says he is moving on, but it's only been three years since my mother's death. Plus, I'm 21 years old. Colleen is 18. We are too old for a little sister or brother.

I hug Raleigh's mother and father. They are extremely rich, but not happy with each other at all. They complain and complain, but at least they like me.

I hug Q, Raleigh's older brother also. Quentin is 25. He is really sweet, but him and Raleigh have never truly gotten along.

Raleigh and I met in high school. We were just friends then, but at graduation, he kissed me. We ended up going to the same college and graduating with our bachelor's together.

I love Raleigh Charles.

He is my everything.

We sit on the couch and watch the news. He wraps his arm around me.

"Your parents did better today," I bring up.

"Ya. Colleen was acting a bit weird." He admits.

"I know, right? She's been acting like that for a while now." I say.

A man appears on the screen. "Ronald Correstor, a 46 year old man has died from the rare mysterious disease that only one other person has had. He attached and killed three other people. His wife, brother, then his only child, a baby girl." The news reporter states.

Raleigh squeezes my hand. "Desyrae Makentire, a mother of two and a wife, died about two years ago. She killed no one, but went slowly. This disease is breaking our community, stay cautious, and I somebody is acting at all weird, call the police. This is very contagious, and trust me when I say this. You don't want it."

Desyrae Makentire is my mother. I miss her. I wish she wasn't dead. But all I remember is seeing her in the hospital, angry and acting crazy. She tried to kill Colleen, thank goodness.

I hope no one I know gets the disease.