×[¤ Chapter 64 ¤] ×

I love you more than food, but please don't make me prove it

That night~

Daniel: Chubs can I call you now?

Daniel: ??

"Shit, his timing is way off." Fay groaned as she looked at the half-eaten piece of toast in her hands. She debated whether to answer him or, eat it first and then call him back.

As her monthly birth control had decided to kick in - luckily not when she was fitting her dress, her cravings had marched in too.

Just as Fay was about to take another bite, her screen lit up and Daniels face popped into the screen.

"Lordddd..." Fay reasoned as she tapped the green button with her pinky, to make sure she didn't smear butter on her phone.

"Well that's a welcoming greeting," Daniel chuckled as soon as the facetime connected.

"You have such bad timing," Fay immediately complained before taking the long-awaited bite from her toast.

"Are you just now having dinner?" Daniel immediately asked worried as Fay positioned her phone against a pillow.

"Naw, I had cravings." Fay shook her head with her cheeks stuffed with toast. "Why did you call tho?"

"Did you see the group chat?" Daniel decided to not press further on her cravings topic and switched to the reason he had actually called.

"Mhm," Fay nodded as she swallowed her toast, "I'm glad everyone reacted so positively."

"Yeah same," Daniel nodded his head too with a smile. "Now the only thing left is to inform Leo."

"We could add him into the call now if you want?" Fay immediately proposed.

"Before that," Daniel hurried to stop her. "Your dress..." he gasped slightly.

Fay who didn't notice his expression, gladly moved onto her second piece of toast, "Did you like it?"

"You or the dress?" Daniel seemed amused by her unfocused behavior.

"Both," Fay mischievously stuck her tongue out at him.

"Loved it." Daniel immediately laughed. "Especially how it fits you so well."

"It might be wise to stay away from you during the party," Fay couldn't help but tease him as she finally noticed his admiring expression. "God knows what you would do there since you're drooling already."

"I might steal a few kisses, twirl you around on the dance floor to show you off but most of all, I'll stay by your side to make sure no one tries to steal you from me." He started summing up cheekily as Fay hummed along approvingly.

"Sounds quite promising."

He laughed along before he turned serious and asked, "But jokes aside Fay, what would you think of me wearing a matching tie with you?"

"You would do that?" Fay froze mid-bite and looked at him with big eyes.

"Yeah, why not?" Daniel shrugged casually. "Even if we don't go together we can still rock the subtle couple look."

"Mhm, although it might be difficult to find a matching tie for my dress."

"Don't they sell ties at that shop you went to?"

"Oh!" Fay's eyes turned big and she looked at him surprised. "Now that you say it...I think they did."

"Cool, send me a picture of the fabric and the store address. I'll go look at it with my mom."