Chapter 27 ~ The Rescue [Part 2]

Start from the beginning

You mentally facepalmed, not liking the idea of her being saved too, mainly because you knew she would try to murder you at some point in some way. But you still let this skeleton free her with what seemed like a key made out of hardened ink anyway.

"Let's go," Ink said, "before Cross returns." He grabbed your wrist once more and began to drag you across the hallway again. Man, Ink had a thing for dragging someone along by the wrist. Usually Dream was the only one who did that out of excitement.

"Dude, we can't just leave her on her own. Someone should always watch her at all times", Chara said. Cross rolled his eyelights.

"Fine. We can ask someone to watch her while we ask Nightmare-- Oh! Hey, Underfell!" Cross stopped himself when he saw Edge walking around the corner. The red and black skeleton noticed Cross and immediately turned around while ignoring the guard calling out to him. "Hey! Wait up! Listen!

'Just ignore him, Sans', Edge thought to himself. 'Don't look back and pretend you never saw him. Maybe he'll give up and finally leave you alone.'

"Wait! I just wanted to ask you if you could watch (Y/N) for a few minutes!" Now that caught his attention. Edge suddenly stood still while Cross bumped into his back, almost tumbling over. The other skeleton turned around to face the oreo.

"Huh? And why should I watch the pet if it's supposed to be your job?" He asked in annoyance. He was basically the only one left in the group who wasn't very pleased with the fact that you existed.

"Well," Cross started, "I need to speak to Nightmare for a bit and I she's supposed to stay in her cell."

"What would I get in return? It's not like I work for nothin'--"

"I'll get you two bottles of mustard from Chillby's."

Edge chuckled, "Make it three and we have a deal." Cross pouted at his edgy version's stubborness but nodded anyway. Then they parted ways. Cross walked towards the throne room while Edge made his way over back to your cell, satisfied by the thought of getting new mustard very soon. And he knew Cross would definetely stick to the deal because it's Cross. However, Edge wasn't really like Cross, even if they were just two versions of the same skeleton. He smirked at the thought of not watching her and just torturing one of the prisoners next to her cell. So if Cross came back, he could just lie to him and say 'I watched her and then got bored about a minute ago'. But when Edge reached the cells, he passed yours and took a glance into the rectangular opening.

You were gone.

And all that was left behind was some black liquid that didn't seem to belong to Nightmare nor the Papyruses. It seemed more like black ink.

Edge's expression held a mixture of confusion, anger and 'fuck, I'm screwed'.

"Shit! That motherfucker took the human!" And so he teleported towards the throne room so he wouldn't be the one to blame.