Chapter 19

"Logan dropped it off earlier." I informed Kendall who I made come over at around nine after he was off for the day. He walked in my apartment and saw the papers everywhere on the hard wood floors and a little circle where, I had been previously along with  my laptop and a bag of M&M's.

"You're literally going full out aren't you?" He asked as I moved some of my papers for him to join me on my living room floor.

"I want to make a good impression." I told him. He smirked.

"They were looking for someone who would set up a screen at one of our houses with a projector in the backyard and watch on the back of our siding on our house. Not a full on movie theater." Kendall said looking at one of the receipts for renting out the movie theater for that evening from six to ten. I scoffed.

"Are you serious? You could've told me that!" I said starting to stress.

"Are you taking your pain meds?" He asked chuckling.

"No? But what does that have to do with this?" I asked him.

"You are less stressed out when you take them. You need to take them." He said putting down the receipt. I tsk-ed my tongue on my teeth.

"No. I need to be sharp to get this done and set up before the day of the party." I told him. He sighed.

"Okay, so you got a movie theater, that's awesome. Good job. That's impressive. But, when we announce it make sure you make sure it's casual. We don't want to dress up formal for the last episode because that's not what BTR was about." Kendall assured me with a hand on my back. I sighed.

"Fine." I sided with him.

"Also, get good food. It's going to be emotional, no one will want a three course meal when we are upset that a four year legacy is ending. Get comfort food for the viewing party, brownies, cake, popcorn, whatever else." He said. I nodded jotting that down for a note.

"After party?" I asked him. He thought a moment.

"That's where you'll have to go big or go home. There will need to be a DJ, a dance floor option, a lot of alcohol, possibly glow sticks." He said. I furrowed my brow in questioning.

"Glow sticks?" I asked. He smirked.

"At all the real Hollywood parties, there are glow sticks. The stop light system for hooking up. Yes, there will be hooking up afterwards because these people will be drinking their worries away, thinking of trying to find other jobs after BTR, that they'll sleep with anything with a pulse." Kendall shook his head. I stifled a giggle as he continued.

"The red means they're taken so people will wear them around their necks or wrists, and then others know not to try to hook up with them. Yellow means it's complicated and they're still probably approachable. Green means go for it, they're single and you can sleep with them." Kendall informed me. My mouth dropped.

"This is serious?" I asked him. He laughed and nodded.

"Very serious." He said smiling. I laughed and shook my head in disbelief.

I sighed and then searched for clubs. Kendall helped me choose a black light oriented club that was fairly expensive to rent out from nine thirty to three the next morning. I set everything up and I had a fair amount of money left over. "What do I do with the left over fifteen grand?" I asked Kendall as we had ordered pizza and were now sitting on my couch analyzing what I had out together as a party.

"It's payment." He said. I tilted my head confused as I took a bite of pizza.

"Payment? For?" I asked. Kendall snorted.

"You're a party planner now. You literally just spent all day putting together what most planners would've taken weeks to do, and you think they aren't going to pay you big money for a supposed weeks worth of work?" He asked smiling. My eyes widened as I looked at the card on the table with the information to it.

"Are you messing with me right now?" I asked him. "I'm not even a certified party planner." I told him. He snorted.

"Not everyone needs a degree to be good at something." He said shrugging. I giggled and sighed leaning back in the couch.

"Logan asked about my list today." I told Kendall about twenty minutes later. I was now lying down with my legs across Kendall's lap. He laughed.

"Really?" He asked his green eyes sparkling in the lamp light. I nodded.

"He said you were obsessed and he wanted to know if I knew what it was." I told him. He raised an eyebrow as if to say 'really?'.

"Obsessed? Wow, how dramatic." He said making me laugh.

"Anyway, I told him a very vague definition of my list and he officially thinking I'm nuts." I told Kendall. He smiled and laughed putting his hands on my calves. They burned with the contact of his hands, even though my yoga pants covered my own skin.

"Yeah, well, it's what I do for you that counts not what other think." He said. I nodded and then it was quiet.

"Kendall?" I asked looking up at the ceiling.

"What's up?" He asked. I then looked at him and tilted my head.

"How are you helping me with the rest of the list?" I asked him. He smirked and then shrugged.

"I don't really think these things through. I really don't. I simply go out and start working on one of them for you. I don't over think it, which is probably best." He said smiling down at my feet, but I knew he wasn't smiling at my literal feet.

"I'll figure this all out eventually." Kendall assured me.

"I think I should head to bed." I said yawning and flinging my legs to the floor as I stood up.

"You got up at four, and you're tired?" He asked me. I giggled.

"You have no idea how horrible I actually sleep. I get the necessary amount of sleep to survive in a twelve hour period because I have nightmares and I get stressed out about school even when I sleep." I explained standing up. I put the top of the pizza down and the carried it one handed to the fridge. I sat it down and then opened the fridge. I put it in and Kendall had stood by then.

"You have nightmares about school?" He asked. I shrugged. "You really do need to take a break till you're ready." He said grabbing his jacket as I met him at the door. I smiled at him. He then suddenly gave me a hug with his arms around my waist and my heart beating quickly. I smiled, and we pulled apart swiftly.

"Talk to ya later." Kendall said leaving. I closed the door and steadied my breathing with my back on my metal front door. I closed my eyes and kept myself from running after Kendall to kiss him. I couldn't.