Chapter 11

"I like this. I want to help." Kendall said. I furrowed my brow.

"Really? You want to help some weird girl who kissed you and snuck into your dressing room at your concert?" I asked him sarcastically. He smiled kindly showing his perfectly straight teeth.

"Yeah. You're not weird, you're normal, wanting to live an adventurous life. It's admirable." He teased. I blushed once again. I cleared my throat.

"Which are you going to help me with?" I asked him nervous. He shrugged.

"Whatever I can." He said. He then stood suddenly as 'Ships In The Night' by Matt Kearney came on.

"Madame, allow me to be your first dance. That should very well be on that list if you don't mind me adding if it hasn't been done already." He offered his hand. The butterflies in my stomach were suddenly on cloud nine, flying into the walls of my stomach and fluttered around. I sighed and accepted his offer. He had been my first kiss and now my first dance.

Our hands were back in each other's grips as it was electrifying. He led me to the dance floor and we found ourselves in the middle. His hands were on my waist as mine were around his neck. We swayed slowly as the smooth voice echoed in my ears.

"So, I have to ask then, was that your first kiss?" Kendall asked then, as we swayed gently. My eyes looked up at him through my lashes as I felt nerves spread through my chest. I nodded, as I wasn't able to speak at the very moment. We were very close, and he was asking about a fearless kiss when I was in fact not in the same mind set as I had been in when I kissed this man a few weeks ago. His smile was soft as he stared down at me, his beautiful skin blemish free as he searched my eyes. "Well, I'm honored to have been your first kiss in front of thousands of people." Kendall chuckled as I groaned a little at the fact he added the part in front of thousands of people in the arena the day of the concert and ended up resting my head on Kendall's shoulder out of embarrassment as he held me close while we danced.

That night was amazing. I felt myself and Kendall growing closer which I found weird but also very comforting. Gabby and I went home that night around three the next morning after she said goodbye to the rest of Big Time Rush as I hugged Kendall. "Thank you for listening to me." I told him as we embraced. He squeezed me tight.

"I will always be here to talk, if you need." He told me that night, making a smile creep up on my lips that didn't leave for a very, very long time.

The next two weeks passed quickly as I was then in class most the time. I felt my mind fading faster and faster away from how I was in high school. I didn't want to study anymore, I didn't want to be just as, if not smarter, than the professors, and most of all, I didn't want to be taking these classes anymore. I didn't want to be an engineer, I didn't want to be the smartest girl in school. I wanted to be normal. I wanted to sleep in, not go to a math class at six in the morning.

I want to hang out with Gabby when she's off work, but I'm too tired from homework or I'm too busy building models of molecules for my college biology course. I also was hardly talking to Kendall who had gotten my number that night we danced. I barely could wake up to my own mother's text message this fine Saturday morning saying they wired more money to me. I rolled my eyes and rolled over in bed ignoring her as I always did as I knew she wouldn't even care that I didn't respond. Kendall's name then popped up on the screen of my phone.

"Hey." He greeted fully awake sounding. I groaned. "I'm assuming I woke you up?" He asked me. I groaned in agreement. "I'm sorry. I was just wondering if you wanted to do something today?" He asked me. I sighed.

"Sure, what do you have planned?" I asked him trying to wake up.

"It'll be a surprise. Does Gabby work?" He asked. I put him on speaker and looked at my calendar where I kept her schedule, so I knew when to schedule things.

"Yeah, but she's off at ten this morning." I told him. I lied the phone on the pillow next to my ear instead of taking it off speaker and holding it up to my head.

"Okay, great. We are going to have fun. Dress to walk around in." He informed me. I groaned. "I know, I'm excited too." He said ignoring my groans and making it seem as if I was answering him instead. I groaned.

"Yeah, I'll pick you and Gabby up at your place at eleven so she can get ready too!" Kendall said then saying goodbye and hanging up with a groan in reply from me.

I got up, I had an hour till Gabby was off. I texted her the details and I got in the shower, almost falling asleep about four times. I was too stressed out to be doing anything fun. I finished and put on a pair of black capri leggings, a grey long sleeved shirt, and my favorite pair of black and white worn out Converse.

I blew my hair dry and threw it in a messy bun on the top of my head. I yawned as I covered my face in foundation and finished my normal everyday makeup. I put on my glasses then and lied back on the bed. Gabby texted and said she'd run home and grab a change of clothes and then shower and change at my place. I had made her a key just in case so she could let herself in.

I yawned again and curled into a ball. I had fallen asleep when Kendall suddenly was in my bedroom shaking me gently. I could hear the blow dryer in my bathroom on. Gabby. She knew how tired I was all the time so I knew she let me sleep I assumed.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked me. I smiled shyly.

"Yeah, just a little tired." I told him. He smiled back.

"Okay, well, get up, get energized." He told me sweetly. I sat up dizzy for a second. "We're going somewhere fun!" He said excited as he stood up from his kneeling position. I sighed. We all headed out. Kendall was in a tank top with a flannel over it with jeans and Vans. Gabby however was a little more glam than the both of us.

"Gabby, I told you we'd be walking." I told her looking at her outfit. Skinnier jeans than she'd ever worn before, gladiator sandals that went over her jeans and up to her knees, a loose tank top with a sports bra underneath. She shrugged.

"I'll be fine." She assured me as we got in Kendall's car.