Chapter 15

I took the elevator and then was outside in a second. I ran to the side of the building where everyone awaited my presence. "You ordered one midnight adventure?" Logan asked me loudly with a smirk showing his own dimples. I smiled at him and then saw everyone was in fact in pajamas and sweats. They all walked towards me as we then stood in a circle. I felt my cheeks blush as Kendall was by his car with a smirk looking at me.

"So, we're meeting up at the old Mini Mart's abandoned parking lot." Kendall instructed then grabbing a bag from his car and walking towards the circle. He reached in and pulled out flashlights, handing them to everyone. "Although, I decided to give my own take on your request Sophia." He smiled handing me a blue flashlight and then Gabby a purple one. He knew us too well.

"What's changing?" I asked him curious.

"Drag racing." Alexa smiled at me. I widened my eyes. Carlos held up a hand and then corrected his wife.

"Racing there, not a drag race, taking different routes of course." Carlos smirked and then smiled sinisterly at Alexa who returned it. They seemed competitive.

"Carlos and Alexa in their car. Dustin, Logan, and myself in my car. Then you, Kendall, and the Gabsters," James said pointing to Gabby as if they knew a lot about each other. Gabby didn't seem enthused by the new nickname. "In Kendall's car. We race, using different routes we planned previously to now, to the abandoned Mini Mart about fifteen minutes away, that is when we go the legal limit and with traffic, so we should get there relatively quick." James explained. I nodded understanding. Dustin then cleared his throat.

"Whoever is the first driver there in the first spot in the third row, is the crowned winner. And can take the flash lights of one team as the whole car must agree upon which team to pull the flashlights from them as we will be driving out to a secluded part of the forest and we will play hide and seek in the woods. Flashlights are what the winners get, and they choose who are the seekers. The winners take away the losing team's flashlights. But the objective of this game is to hide, so you wouldn't want to use your flashlight to begin with. If someone other than the seekers flashes their flashlights that means they are lost and can't hear anything or anyone. So basically, losers are lost in the forest with no way but their voices to communicate that they are lost. Apparently this is extreme hide and seek, because we are extremely over grown eight year olds." Dustin said looking at Kendall as if he were blaming his best friend for making him be apart of something so childish. Kendall laughed and patted Dustin on his shoulder.

"This is the sort of stuff we do! I mean Carlos had a slip and slide at his birthday party!" Kendall defended his adventure activities. Carlos gasped.

"Why you gotta bring me into this?!" Carlos asked as everyone started to laugh.

"We have teams?" I asked looking around the circle. Kendall then took what looked like the last flashlight out of the bag and stuck it in his hoodies pocket. He then held the bag out to Gabby.

"We are drawing them now." Kendall smiled at me. Gabby took a nervous deep breath and reached into the bag. She took out a very tightly folded piece of paper and turned on her flashlight. She opened it and then put the light on it.

"Alexa." Gabby smiled at Alexa. Alexa then walked across the circle to stand next to her and give her a hug. Kendall then walked over to Carlos and offered the bag to him. Carlos was pouting now that he couldn't possibly pull out his wife's name and get her.

"James." Carlos said with a smile and then walked the two steps to James. They bro hugged and then puffed out their chests. "You're going down!" Carlos taunted Alexa and Gabby. Alexa raised an eyebrow and slowly Carlos calmed down and hid behind James. Kendall then walked over to Dustin as Dustin looked between Logan, Kendall, and myself. I took a breath not sure who I wanted as my partner. Dustin reached in and then hollered

"Logan!" Dustin said as they bro hugged then. Kendall then turned to face me, pulling out the last piece of paper and holding it up to me as it read: 'Sophia'.

If I hadn't been nervous about this adventure before, I was now. I smiled shyly as we all then gathered into our cars as James had said before. We got in and all drove to the next empty light. Gabby was in the back of the car and Kendall and I in the front. We all had our windows down as did the other two cars on either side of us. We waited for the light to turn red on the street light. Then we got ready. Carlos was in the left turning lane to Kendall's left and James had his signal to go right. I assumed they were turning while we were going straight. We all exchanged glances  with other passengers in the other cars as the red light took it's sweet time.

"I don't want to be lost in the woods." Gabby told Kendall as he smirked.

"If we win, we need to take the flashlights away from James and Carlos." Kendall said glancing past me and into the car next to us as James looked determined to win. His face was solemn and I felt an uneasy pit in my stomach. He heard what we had said. Crap. Kendall was screwing this up for him and me. James would want us to get our flashlights taken away. Suddenly, the light turned green and smoke was peeling from all three cars' back tires. I clutched onto the seat as we were absolutely going over the legal speed limit. We were on our own now. Twisting and turning down roads every so often.

"Holy crap." Gabby started laughing from the backseat where when I looked back at her, was laying down because hadn't put her seat belt on and Kendall had down shifted going around a corner.

"Woo." I said mumbling to myself as we passed a car who was driving very much under the speed limit.

"What?" Kendall asked then going up the next gear. I shook my head smiling at him. This felt like a rush of freedom. I put my hand out the window and felt the cool night air breeze by. Then suddenly, red and blue lights pulled up behind us. Kendall punched it, driving past the police car as sirens started to blare.

"Oh my God! Kendall!" I shrieked as Gabby sat up and looked out the back window. Kendall's face was stiff and his jaw was clenched. "Stop, this isn't worth going to jail over!" I yelled at him over the wind from the windows being down. Gabby leaned forward poking her head between our shoulders.

"Kill the lights and drive blind, we will lose them, I promise I know this town like the back of my hand." Gabby shouted as Kendall flipped the switch and the headlights went out. We drove in complete darkness, as I personally freaked out. With seeing the moonlight and street light every so often as the red and blue lights in the background faded and turned to just headlights. We had confused them. We were Scott free. We turned suddenly as Gabby had instructed and then Kendall flipped on his headlights again. We could see and the worry in my stomach vanished. Kendall was literally flooring it, and the needle on his tachometer was actually pointing towards me when it came to the RPM's, but then again so was his speedometer. We could see the flickering lights of the Mini Mart sign as headlights pulled onto the road as the same speed as us, and about the same distance away from the Mini Mart in the opposite direction. One of the other cars. From the direction it was coming from, I knew it was James, Dustin, and Logan.

I held my breath as Kendall continued at what looked like the same speed as James. I braced myself as Kendall popped the clutch and spun into the Mini Mart parking lot. We had did two donuts uncontrollably as James had just entered the parking lot. We need the first spot in the third row. Kendall gained back control of the wheel as James was speeding into the second row. We floored it and as soon as it looked like we were going to win, James had pulled a victory and got the spot. Kendall the drifted his car in order to avoid hitting James's. Gabby and I screamed in excitement making Kendall laugh.

Just then Carlos and Alexa pulled into the parking lot and pulled in front if James car as they all got out. Kendall slammed on the brakes, making it come to a complete stop and we got out. James, Dustin, and Logan came out of their car laughing in sweet victory.