Chapter 18

Kendall had woken me up as we got inside the ER parking lot. The pain was still evident in my arm as Kendall helped me out. We got seen right away and turns out after a few painful positions for an X-Ray that I had broken my arm landing on it. The doctor didn't even seem surprised by the story of our night Kendall had given him. I guess he had heard more wild stories than that or he just didn't believe us. Could've gone either way. I had to get a hard cast put on it immediately.

I got it in white because any other color could clash with an outfit I could've chosen, but that was my fashionable side speaking from the high amount of pain meds in my system. Kendall and I finished up and soon we were on our way back to my place after a stop to the twenty four hour pharmacy. Kendall walked me up to my apartment and made sure I put a bag over my cast before he sent me into the bathroom to shower while he waited in the living room just in case. It was four in the morning by the time I got out of the shower and had taken the bag off my arm. I was now in clean pajamas as Kendall was in the living room tweeting I assumed.

I walked out with no makeup, glasses, or hair done and totally forgot. I felt self conscious as I walked to the kitchen counter to grab my phone. Kendall's eyes watched me as I grabbed it and walked over to the couch to sit next to him.

"Tweeted about tonight." Kendall said as he watched me unlock my phone and see that he had mentioned me in a tweet longer. He had even started his own hashtag, #RealHungerGames. Which only seemed to draw in a lot of attention. I then noticed Everyone from tonight had tweeted about it and I was getting follows and tweets like wild fire.

"I can see that. People are asking me who I am." I said looking through the tweets.

"Just be honest." Kendall said quietly as he the went to stand. He stood and then touched my damp hair.

"I'm gonna go get some rest. You should too." He said as he then started towards the door. I stood up and soon was following him.

"Wait." I called to him. He turned around and waited at the door for me to catch up. "List." I said offering my hand out for him to put the little piece of paper in. He did with a smile on his face. I barely was able to put the paper to the wall and cross out number one little lone hand it back to him. He smile down at it.

"We've made progress." Kendall said as I smiled.

"We have." I told him. He smirked.

"See ya. Take it easy." He told me. I nodded and closed the door behind him. My heart fluttered still in his presence. I went to bed and slept in until four in the afternoon the next day.

I woke up to texts from Gabby and Kendall. My mom had even texted asking what happened that I charged the medical bill to our insurance. I ignored hers and continued onto Gabby's and Kendall's. Kendall simply checked in while Gabby was apologizing because she knew I heard what she had said to James last night when Kendall and I were all still in the tree.

I ignored hers not ready to get into anything serious sounding yet. I got up and texted Kendall back as I took my pain meds that I was feeling fine. I got back into bed after grabbing a bowl of cereal from the kitchen and banana from there as well. Kendall around seven called me to chat.

"How's cripple?" Kendall teased. I rolled my eyes.

"That's offensive to some people ya know." I informed him. He chuckled.

"So, what did you do today besides sleep in all day?" He asked. I sighed.

"Contemplated something." I told him. He was now very interesting.

"Contemplated what something?" He asked.

"School." I said bluntly. He chuckled.

"And?" He egged me on.