Chapter 7

Kendall: Hey! I hope you're the right girl, I mean, I think you are. Anyway, I wanted to tell you I was relieved you made it out of the concert not in handcuffs. Also, I hope you enjoyed the rest of the show from your 'seats.'
See ya around maybe,
-K

He had set me.

My mouth fell open as I read the message. I felt like I was going to explode. I wasn't sure if I was suppose to answer back, or if I was suppose to wait awhile. I mean, he sent it 39min ago, does that mean I could answer him? Or wait until he's on again? So many decisions. I quickly ignored my better judgment and started typing.

Me: Hey Kendall, yes, it is me, the girl whom found herself lost with her friend in your dressing room. Sorry about that again, we truly didn't mean to end up there. The show was pretty great, extra special I thought. Thanks for the thoughtful message and the follow. You made a Rushers day.

I sent him with shaky fingers.

I held a breath and then locked my phone. He wasn't it on it said, so I knew he'd see it later then. I took a deep breath then as I relaxed a moment, but then almost exactly three minutes later, my phone went off with another direct message. Kendall. Again. I didn't think my little old heart could handle this much excitement. But this message was much more relaxed and less formal.

Kendall: Hey, how are you? :)

I took a deep breath and felt a smirk on my lips. This was my idol and he was acting like I was some kind of girl he could talk to effortlessly and that she wouldn't be hyperventilating on the other end of the messages.

Me: Well, I woke up, found your message, and have been smiling for the last ten minutes straight, so I'd say it's going pretty good. How are you? :)

I sent back.

I was actually talking to Kendall Francis Schmidt. Holy crap!

Kendall: Little stressed. We're already recording the final episode of BTR. We want it to be epic for our fans, ya know?

He replied back.

He was really going to discuss this with me? Really?! I was a die hard fan of the show and the music and so when he said last episode, tears obviously sprung to my eyes and I cleared my throat looking away from my phone for a second to gather my thoughts. Why cry? Well I was going to cry regardless. While I had been alone all throughout my life with my parents gone, Big Time Rush had been there for me. They were the ones to put a smile on my face while I would cry myself to sleep because I was just so lonely. Sure I had money, but that's all my parents cared about it seemed like and I didn't want that to control my happiness. Instead Big Time Rush, although goofy and on a 'kids' channel as some people would say, they were the light hearted guilty pleasure I needed to get through the day sometimes.

Me: The last episode? Oh, how sad to hear. I love the show, as a fan it's kinda heartbreaking for me to hear. But it's all good. Sorry you're stressed. I'm sure it'll be great whatever you guys and Scott come up with.

I assured him keeping myself together.

I sat up and took a breath. It was just a tv show Sophia, calm down. But it meant a lot to me. I had grown up with it and I didn't want to let it go, not yet.

Kendall: That's amazing that you watch the show. It will be good, we just have to figure out a few scenes. We're on a break now, been shooting for a few hours now.

Kendall informed me, it got my mind off the sad news.

Me: That's crazy! A few hours? I hardly wake up before seven in the morning even when I have things to do. To be filming already for a few hours, that's insane, I'd be snoring on set by now.

I told him. He answered back quicker this time.

Kendall: Not an early bird? Or a night owl? Lol! What do you for for work?

He asked.

I snickered, I didn't work.

Me: I am living the trust fund life, so currently not working. Lame, I know. Classes at UCLA start in two weeks though, so I'll have something to do then.

I told him reluctantly and sarcastically.

Kendall: Right on. You didn't seem like someone who would sneak backstage at a concert, especially since you probably had the money to buy backstage passes.

I groaned as I sounded like a pretentious ass I was sure.

Me: I really am sorry about that. You guys were sold out by the time I moved out here. Also, Gabby, the friend I was with, her sister snuck us in. It was a spare of a moment thing, but also happened to be apart of a bigger plan I guess you could say.

It's like I forgot who I was talking to. He wouldn't know about my 'plan' to live freely and carelessly. It didn't even seem like I was talking to him anymore. It was like typing on a screen and seeing his face pop up when he answered. Just then, Gabby was yelling from the living room.

"Let's get food! I'm huuuuunnngrrrryyyy!" She yelled. I rolled my eyes and smiled as Kendall replied.

Kendall: Plan? Are you one of those girls who plans to keep her favorite boy band in her basement, tied to her furnace so no one else could have them but her? ;)

With that smiley face I knew he was in fact joking, which made me relieved as I was sure that was a real concern sometimes for him and the group. Girls are wild.

Me: Totally! Jk! Not yet anyway... ;) I just missed out on a lot through my school years. I focused on school and studying, which gave me a full ride scholarship even though I don't need it. I didn't have close friends and never really took risks or had many experiences. So, why I am here a month before classes start at UCLA is to adventure. Be rebellious. Gabby is helping me out as she's an ex-party girl who is gonna assist me in living my life to the fullest. I'm usually playing it safe, and I don't want to anymore. I want to experience life.

I told him feeling like I just rambled and bored him to death. He was Kendall Schmidt, he didn't care about my lack of friends or rebellion.

Kendall: That's actually pretty admirable. A little inspiring I might even go as far to say. I will talk to you later though, gotta head back on set.

He sent.

That made my heart flutter. We'd talk later apparently.