Chapter Six

A few days later we were running low on milk and needed to run to the store. I let Sebastian drive. We were going to have to get him a licenses. Once we were in the parked he turned and smiled at me. I smiled back. Once we were inside I said, "Go that way, and at the back will be the milk. I drink whole." Sebastian said, "Alright. I will be back in a moment. Where will you be my darling?" I answered saying, "I will be in the produce section." "Very good." He walked off in the direction I had pointed him in. 

     I made my way to the produce, pondering if I should purchase strawberries or grapes or both. I was looking at the ground, trying to avoid eye contact with people. Suddenly I bumped into a large figure. The impact was just strong enough that it caused us both to fall. The man's apples were rolling across the floor, mocking me. 

     "I'm so s-sorry! I w-wasn't paying a-attention!" I said frantically. I looked up at him. No. "Amber? Is that you?" No. No. NO. "You bitch." His large frame was tense and his eyes squinted as he flared his nostrils. NO. NO. "K-Kenny?" He smirked, "Oh, so you remember me?" My eyes widened in fear. "Yes. Y-yes I do." He glared down at me and said, "You made me drop everything you whore!"  He was shouting now. I could feel the eyes of the public burning into me. I was starting to sweat. What was I going to do? "Look at me!" I didn't. "I said look at me now!" I did. He grabbed me by the front of my shirt and pulled me up to face him. My vision was beginning to blur with panic. "Are you gonna cry?!" He spat in my face and shook me. "N-no." I whimpered. He threw me down. I heard someone shout for the police, to dial 911. He grabbed my throat. 

     As soon as his hands touched my skin, I screamed. I heard more yelling and shuffling of feet as my windpipe was being crushed. 

     Then his hands violently left me. Dazed I struggled to open my eyes. Why did everything turn out so badly? Was all I could think. I could hardly think. But when I saw Sebastian holding him in place to knock his head off (or badly break his nose, it wouldn't take much). Sebastian saved me. At the last minute, but he saved me. Sebastian's eyes eyes narrowed and turned pink, his pupils shot into narrow lines. He was crazed with anger. Someone yelled to stop, but he didn't loosen his grip.

     Kenny would hate me even more if I let this go on. "Sebastian! Stop! Sebastian, please...." He looked over to me. His eyes were only the lovely ruby that I held so dear. I nodded and he immediately dropped Kenny. I watched as he tried to scramble away. Some stranger kicked him back down and asked, "You are going to press charges right?" I weakly said, "No." 

     Sebastian scooped me up, I looked back at the scene at the ground.... there I saw a busted milk gallon. Whole milk. 

     As we stepped out the door the tears finally came. I wailed as if I didn't know how to do anything else. Sebastian held onto me tightly, as I stained his jacket with salty tear. He sat me in the passengers seat and buckled me in. Just as I had done for him the first day we met. As we drove back home we saw dozens of police cars come zooming passed us. The whole ride I cried, the whole ride he held my hand and not once did he let go. 

**** Her story is up next! Stay tuned! Comment! ****