Chapter Thirty - Three

Not edited 

      Natalie sat up in the hospital bed, watching as Thomas rocked Summer in his arms, poking her nose every time she opened her eyes to look at him, enlisting a small noise from her tiny mouth. "I still can't believe you guys are starting your tour tomorrow." She said a little deflated. 

Thomas stilled for a moment, sighing. "I know, it was kind of a last minute thing, but Charles's insisted that this would be the best time to start back touring again, you know, with it being close to New Years and everything." He said, glancing down at the small baby in his arms. "I wish you two could come along. I'm sure we could think of something." 

     She shook her head. "It wouldn't be that simple, Thomas, you guys are going to be on the road going to a lot of different places, plus, it's probably best if Summer and I just stayed here, just until I kind of get into the hang of things. If we went with ya'll, we'd probably just get in the way. 

He glanced up at her sadly. "I'll miss you," he said, "A lot.

She smiled at him. "I'll miss you too. It'll only be for a couple of months and we'll see each other again. You'll remember to call, right?" She questioned, forcing herself not to cry. Thomas had to hold back his own tears as he nodded. 

"Yeah, i'll remember to call." 

- - - 

Once the bus was on the road, Dane came and flopped down beside Thomas who was sitting alone on the couch. "I still can't believe that uptight jerk booked a tour this early. I was looking forward to enjoying one more month of being at my house doing whatever I wanted to do, not crammed back on this bus with a butch of guys." He said distastefully. 

"And a girl." Kaitlyn called from the back of the bus. 

Dane turned his head in her direction. "Yeah, and I still don't know why you even bothered to come. If I were you I would've told Jack to suck it up and be a man." He yelled back, "The guy can't even go thirty seconds without his wife before he's flipping out and biting everyone's head off." 

       Jack rolled his eyes as he walked past them. "I can hear you." 

      "If I said it loud enough for you to hear, then you were meant to hear it." He said, crossing his arms across his chest. "Ugh, i'm just so irritated. I wasn't ready to be off of break yet." He groaned loudly. 

Thomas continued to sit in silence, watching his phone. Dane noticed that he still hadn't said anything since he had gotten on the bus, and he looked over at him. "Hey, man, what's up with you?" 

Thomas ran a finger over his phone, before turning to Dane. "It's nothing. I was just making sure Natalie didn't call." 

       "You literally just saw her five minutes ago before you drove off." Dane pointed out. 

Thomas shook his head. "You wouldn't understand." 

Dane relaxed, laying back further on the couch. "Yeah, and I don't want to understand. If a woman has you all in your feelings after only being a part for five minutes, then I don't want it." He held his hands up. "You and Jack can have that mess." 

Thomas sighed even harder that time. 

Dane sat up. "Okay, okay. So you miss her, right?" He said, already stating the obvious. "Why don't you take your mind off of her and do something else." He suggested. 

Thomas looked at him. "Like what?" 

Dane shrugged. "Write some music. You always seem to escape from reality whenever you're coming up with new songs." He explained. "Why don't you write her a song? Maybe it'll help relocate all of those pent up emotions into something more useful." 

"For once that's an actually great idea." Jack said from the other side of the bus.

        "Right," Lee interrupted, "I didn't think he had many of those left." 

Dane shot them a look, telling them to shut up as he turned back to his friend. "So what do you think? Wanna write some music?"