control.

November 10th 1996

     "We've been walking for days," Rose whined as she flopped down on the ground.

     Addison rolled her eyes and sat down next to her friend. "Come on, don't be a baby we're basically there."

     Rose looked up at her and blinked hard. "What do you mean? You don't even know where we're going!"

     "Yeah I do!" Addison yelled as she clenched her fists. "Stop saying I don't!"

     "Well you don't!" Rose yelled back.

     The hunger and exhaustion was definitely getting to them.

     "You don't know everything!" Rose stood up and crossed her arms. "You know just as much as I do!"

     "You don't know anything about the school! You'd be dead without me!" Addison stood up too, slightly towering over Rose with the few extra inches she had on her.

     "I wouldn't be dead."

     Addison frowned hard, the anger clearly evident on her face. If Rose had learned anything about the short tempered girl was that she did not like being told she was wrong.

     "Does this school even exist?" Rose asked as she cocked her eyebrow. For some reason she wasn't scared of Addison, everyone else may have been, but Rose knew her and Rose knew Addison wouldn't dare hurt her.

     "God!" Addison exclaimed as she stomped her foot like a child. "You're so fucking infuriating Rose you know that you'r-"

     Rose froze as Addison literally glitched. It was like she went completely missing for a second.

     "H-how did you do th-that?"

     "Do what?"

     "Just go away like th-"

     "Hey!"

     Both girls snapped their heads around to look at the incoming voice.

     "What are you guys doing out here?"

     They exchanged a look of slight fear before taking a step back. There was a guy standing in front of them, he had blonde hair and the way he cocked his eyebrow made him look older than he probably was.

     "Are you gonna hurt us?" Rose asked as she held up her hands. Addison could see the beginning of embers flicker across her palm.

     "Hurt you? Depends, who are you?"

     "Runaways," Addison said darkly as she stared the boy down.

     A slow smile spread across his face. "Runaways huh? You happen to be searching for Xavier's place?"

     Addison immediately shot Rose an annoying "I told you so" look before facing back to the boy.

     "Yeah we are."

     "Well my name's Alex." He smiled warmly again. "Follow me mutants."

August 2nd, 2002

9:05am

     "El's in there," Kis said as she stared blankly at the WICKED homebase.

     "You feel something?" Minho asked as he looked at the blonde girl.

     She nodded and pushed her hair from her eyes. "It's weird. I've never felt it before."