past.

August 6th, 1996

     "Addi?" A tall boy with dark black hair and a grey jacket asked in slight shock as he opened the door. "What are you doing here? I thought they had you locked up."

     "Got out," she said curtly as she hiked her backpack up higher on her shoulders.

     "How?"

     She shook her head. "Doesn't matter. They'll be after me. Gotta make sure I don't go to the cops. Can I stay?"

     "How long?"

     She frowned hard. "Really Cole?"

     The boy smiled as he grabbed her arm and tugged her inside. "I'm kidding Addi, stay as long as you want. You're twelve years old for fucks sake. Do you need anything?"

     She smiled up at him as she shut the door. It was the first time she'd smiled in months.

     "Holy shit is that Addi?!" A dirty haired boy asked as he sprung off his spot on the couch.

     "Wait Addison? Like thee Addison Karna?"

     "Hey guys." Addison laughed softly as the boy and girl on the couch practically tackled her into a hug.

     "Like hell if we're ever letting you leave." The brown haired girl grinned as she squeezed Addison's arm tightly. "You're with us now."

     "The four of us against the world," the boy said as he let go of his friends.

     "Just like it used to be."

July 19th, 2002

9:32am

   "Feeling better?" Newt asked as he watched Thomas' eyes flutter open. After Thomas' meltdown they decided they'd lock themselves up for a day, take off of training and just relax.

     Thomas nodded as he just pulled himself closer to Newt.

     "Have any dreams? You were stirring around quite a bit."

     Thomas nodded again. "Did I keep you up?"

     "Doesn't matter," Newt said as he tangled his fingers in Thomas' hair. "Wanna tell me about it?"

     "They were about mom."

     "Nightmares?"

     "No. Well not really."

     "You didn't freak out. No power surges."

     Thomas hummed and was quiet for a moment. "I don't feel good."

     "Sick?" Newt moved his hand to brush over his forehead. He didn't feel warm.

     "I don't know."

     Newt frowned slightly. "Tommy you're worryin me a bit."

     Thomas opened his eyes fully, titling his head so he could look up at Newt. "There's nothing to worry about."

     His eyes looked bloodshot, Newt ran his thumb across the smooth skin underneath them. "You didn't sleep for very long now did you?"

     Thomas shook his head.

     "Tommy." Newt frowned as he kissed his forehead. "I'll stay here if you wanna nap."

     "Can we go outside?"