insomnia.

September 1st, 1996

     "Addi?" Cole whispered as he gently shook the girl. "Addi you gotta go. Now."

     "What?" Addison bolted upright in bed, instantly grabbing for the knife she kept under her pillow. "Cole? What the fuck? What time is it?"

     "Addison!" He whisper yelled as he squeezed her arm hard enough to hurt. "They know. Josh and Sam. They know."

     Addison felt a pit in her stomach drop. "H-how?"

     "That thing you did...Josh saw and told Sam. Listen Addi, you need to-"

     Addison let out a scream as white hot pain flashed through her head. Not now. Anytime but now. Why now?!

     Cole was yanking her out of the bed, throwing her boots on her and thrusting her backpack into her arms.

     "It hurts it hurts it hurts," Addison whined as she grabbed at her temples. "Make it stop Cole."

     The older boy grabbed her roughly, turning her to face him. "Addison listen to me. They're going to try and hurt you. You're tough, you're strong. I believe in you okay? Go. Get out of here. Don't come back. Ever. For the love of god just go!"

     Addison felt hot tears in her eyes as she threw the backpack over her shoulder and jammed the window open.

     Cole left the room quickly, she could hear shouting and something slamming. Before she got on the windowsill she heard the cocking of a gun.

     She hopped out the window, her boots hitting the ground softly.

     Addison wiped the tears off her cheeks and sniffled hard as she broke out into a run.

     She was so fucking sick of running.

July 26th, 2002

11:45am

     Kis woke up and groaned at the sunlight seeping in through the curtains. She looked at the small clock next to her bed, groaning loudly when she realized that it was almost noon.

     "Fuck this," she muttered as she kicked the blankets off her body. She sleepily grabbed clean clothes and pulled them on as she ran her fingers through her hair, using them as some sort of sad excuse for a brush.

     She swung the door open and rubbed her hands over her eyes. To say she wasn't a morning person was an understatement.

     "Oh hey, I was just coming to look for yo...wait did you just wake up?" Kis scowled and looked up at the blonde boy who was standing in front of her door.

     "Shut the fuck up, what do you want?"

     "I was gonna ask if you've seen Tommy, I haven't seen him all day and he didn't sleep with me last night."

     Kis made a face. "He didn't sleep with you?"

     Newt shook his head as he tugged on his blonde hair. It really was getting too long, he needed a haircut. "Is it stupid and clingy to be worried?"

    Kis rolled her eyes. "Newt, Thomas breaks shit when he doesn't sleep with you. Where's Minho?"

     Newt shrugged. "Probably with El." He made a face. "Sorry."

     Kis scowled. "Don't."

     Newt put his hands up in surrender. "Sorry, sorry."

     Kis rolled her eyes and closed her door behind her. "Okay, let's go find your boy."