disaster.

September 12th, 1996

     "Fuck fuck fuck fuck," Addison muttered under her breath as she slammed her back against the tree branch. She was trying her hardest to keep her breathing down but her heart was pounding out of her chest.

     She could hear the footsteps coming from behind her, she squeezed her eyes shut as if it would help make the men not see her. There was no where for her to run, no one was coming to help. I guess that was the price of being different, you had to be alone.

     "We won't hurt you if you come quietly," a voice boomed from behind her.

     Lies. It was all a lie. She knew what happened to people with powers, if she went with them she'd be dead within a week.

     Addison slid lower to the ground, keeping herself propped off the dirt. It was cold and her breath came out in little puffs of white air. In normal conditions, she'd love this weather, but now, she'd kill to be back with Cole.

    "Wait I saw something over there," a whisper sounded from a couple feet away.

     Fuck fuck fuck fuck.

    Addison looked to the side before bolting across the terrain. Her knees ached and her heart was pounding but a little bit of pain was better than death.

     "There! Go!"

     Fuck.

     The girl made it about twenty more yards before her chin smashed to the ground. She tasted blood and her hands were aching.

     "Got her!" a man yelled as pressure fell on her back.

     Addison wiggled under the weight, feeling the panic bubble up in her chest.

     The last thing she heard was a terrifying laugh before everything went black.

July 28th, 2002

    As soon as it was Thomas' turn to sleep that night he was instantly out. The exhaustion in his bones weighed him down as his head hit the ground. He needed a good few hours of sleep, maybe a few hundred hours but who was counting. They traveled the entire day, taking the long way and backroads so WICKED couldn't find them. Thomas almost groaned out loud when his eyes opened mere seconds after. He almost got mad when he realized where he was and took a second to process it. He was in his room, well Newt and his room. Thomas looked over to the bed and his heart jumped in his chest when he saw Newt wrapped up in the blankets, his eyes closed and a peaceful expression on his face.

     Thomas couldn't help himself, he practically jumped on the bed and wrapped his sleeping boyfriend up in his arms. He immediately started peppering his face with kisses, ignoring Newt's sleepy protests.

     He grinned as he watched Newt open his eyes and his entire face contort into shock.

     "Tommy?"

     "Hi."

     Then Newt was attacking him. He threw his entire body on top of Thomas' and wrapped his arms around his neck to pull their bodies even closer. Thomas almost died with how familiar and warm Newt's body felt against his. Maybe it was clingy, but Thomas hated being without Newt, having him in his arms was pretty much the best feeling in the world.

     "I was so worried about you, I miss you so much Tommy," Newt mumbled in his ear.

     "I miss you too," Thomas said as he kissed the soft skin on Newt's shoulder.