"Come let's get something to drink." Sanjana said and I nodded because alcohol was much needed by my body to be able to function in this situation.

After two flutes of Champagne and a vodka shot, also the wine I had before, I was very tipsy. But then I noticed familiar faces appeared through the doors.

"Hey guys!" I sounded way too excited. My voice came out more like a mouse's squeak.

"Hey beautiful. How much did you drink already?" Ashwin asked, chuckling at my squeaky voice. Really? Beautiful? He totally ignored me and left when we first met and now he was calling me beautiful. Weird.

"Not much." Sanjana answered for me.

"You should've at least waited for us." The hotter one said. What was his name, again?

"I wasn't able to handle all this socialisation with a shitload of rich people. Alcohol just made them tolerable." I answered.

Sanjana and I always tried the telepathy thing but it never worked. I tried one more time but no, she never pays attention when I'm trying to call her mentally.

What's his name? What's his name? What's his name?

It's really irritating me I need to know! I didn't even bothered to pay attention to what they were talking about.

"Hey! Where did you doze off to?" He asked me. What's his name?

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I asked how are you feeling being back home?" Pathetic.

"I'm great!" No I'm not...

"Good to hear." Can someone please remind me what is his name before I lose it?

"I'm sorry but what's your name, again?" Shit shit shit. Mental note-no talking after drinking.

He just laughed and said "I think you should be able to figure it out yourself"

Little bitch! He's trying to test me. Didn't he think I would've figured it out by now if I had to?

"It's the alcohol I think." Wow Naina, way to go...

By the time, Ashwin went around to talk to people about business and stuff and Sanjana went...I didn't really know where...

"It's Shiv. I think I really shouldn't annoy you right now."

"Oh now I remember! Hi Shiv! And yeah you got it right...never mess with me. I'm having a really bad headache I want to go home." I blabbered like a small child. I swear I can handle alcohol pretty well, I just don't know what was happening.

I took my phone out and dialled Sanjana's number.

"Oh shit I'm really sorry I had to leave. Its my brother, asshole was caught drunk driving and I really didn't think you driving would've been a good idea...also, you never let anyone drive your car so I called a cab."

"Wait that's a lot of words to process." I've got to stop drinking.

"I- I'm really sorry I left you there but it was really important. I'll tell everything once you are sober, okay?"

"Alright." I said in a grumpy voice and hung up.

"All okay?" Shiv asked me.

"Yeah. But can you drive me home?" I really don't think driving is a good idea right now.

"Sure, just wait a minute I'll go and inform Ashwin." He went away and came back after a minute.

On our way out I saw my dad.

"Dad, I'm going home. I don't feel good. Is it alright?" I asked him.

"Sure Sweety, go and get some rest." He kissed my forehead. See this party wasn't for me after all. Me coming home was just an opportunity for my parents to throw a grand party and show off.

"Can you tell mom for me?" I asked him because I didn't really wanted to see her I know that my mom would go furious if I left without her knowing. And also she would've made me stay no matter what.

"Yes I will. Now you go home please you look tired."

I turned and went outside. Shiv was already standing there.

"Now you listen to me very carefully. My car is very precious to me so if anything happens, you save her before me okay? And I don't really let anyone drive it so consider yourself lucky." I warned him, slurring slightly before handing him the keys.

"As you say your highness." He said and bowed down a little. I laughed and he gave me a cute smile.

.

"You know what? I really don't want to go home tonight." I said when he turned for the way to my home.

"Okay, so where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere that doesn't include people showing their rich asses off. And also, I want to get really drunk that would make me regret it tomorrow."

"Okay, you're already pretty drunk but I know the perfect place for you." And he took a U-turn.

.

We stopped in front of a small club with neon signs all around.

"Escape" I read the club's name. It was truly my escape from the Crazy Rich Indians.

"Yes. It's really awesome. I used to come here all the time with Ashwin when we were in college but now he's always busy with work. We used to be each other's wingman. Hey! Maybe you could be my wing-woman tonight!" He said. Yeah right, like I would do that.

"We'll see about that." I winked and got out of the car.