Prologue

He walked into the pub confidently. Dressed up in faded jeans and causal shirt with leather jacket he managed to mingle into the crowd without suspicion. Though he stayed alone, his Beta and third in command were already present there, maintaining safe distance from him. They wanted to keep it a low key affair. He hated visiting places infested by humans yet he had to endure it tonight. His spy had provided information about her whereabouts. The precious princess of his enemy had landed. This is their only chance to abduct her and ruin her father's plans for alliance to gain more power. He looked around and mind linked his men to ask whether they found her already. Before they could answer, he caught whiff of an alluring scent. It was difficult to identify its source since the pub was crowded. He ignored it as he need to focus. He turned in his seat and saw her. A birthday girl amidst her friends. "Guys, I think I found her", he informed his men.

"Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to dear Mehek. Happy Birthday to you", they all sang when Mehek stood gleefully enjoying the moment. She blew the candle and cut the cake. Her new friend Sonal, fed her a piece and hugged her. "Thank you so much. I am touched that you threw a birthday party for me", Mehek expressed her gratitude. "Don't be silly. You are DK uncle's daughter. You deserve it", Sonal chided her playfully. "Now that Uncle has decided to introduce you to his circle, you should get used to it", Nikita, another friend told her. Mehek missed her sister, Nehal who had arranged the party. She would have felt at ease if Nehal was also present. But at last moment, Nehal fell sick and she insisted not to cancel Mehek's birthday party. Mehek had to promise Nehal that she will not brood but enjoy her party. Though a bit nervous, she was delighted. "A rose of a rose", an attractive voice broke her train of thoughts. She turned to find a handsome man holding a rose for her. "Buddy, you need to work on your pick up lines", Sonal taunted him. "I know but I have heard that my good looks compensate the flaw", he humored. The girls giggled and soon he mingled with them. He introduced himself as Vivaan Kapoor. Vivaan was a charmer and got along with them easily. When he asked Mehek for a dance, she was apprehensive but Nikki pushed her. "Mehek, you need to meet people and make new friends. You are expected to find a good match befitting your father's status. Until you jell well, you will never be able to make an impression", Nikki advised her. "It's cool, Mehek. You are DK uncle's daughter. No one will dare to harm you and invite his wrath", Sonal encouraged her. Mehek agreed and moved to dance floor with Vivaan.

'Slut', he badmouthed her in his mind. How easily she is acting shy while dressed up in an enticing outfit that hugged her curvy figure. She is dolled up to tempt a saint yet act like a nun. He was enraged. The captivating smell still lingered in the air wavering his focus. He pushed it aside as he was on a mission tonight. His Beta had already pulled her away from her friends. He moved slowly towards them and his third in command did the same.

"Drink?", Vivaan offered Mehek but she refused as she never had alcohol. Vivaan replaced it with a soft drink and sipped from his cocktail. They sat on a couch near dance floor and tried to chit chat while enjoying their drinks. Mehek realised that Nikki and Sonal were already on dance floor for another song. "Mehek, I want you to meet my friends", Vivaan gestured to people standing behind her. "He is Rajeev", he introduced her to a good looking guy with french beard. Mehek smiled to acknowledge him. "And this is Shaurya", he gestured to the man with Rajeev. Mehek was instantly bewitched by him. He was extremely handsome and she felt a definite pull towards him. She extended her hand to him and when he grabbed it , she felt strange tingles. Before she could make sense of it, she felt dizzy and fell forward. Shaurya caught her in his arms as her face fell into his well-built chest. He nuzzled into her hair and took a whiff of her scent. Last thing, she remembered was Shaurya whispering hoarsely into her ear, "Mate".

*****Please vote and post your comments*****