Chapter 11

Published: January 7th 2019
Edited: October 16th 2019

The King leaned against the door frame for a second before coming over beside you. He leaned over and caressed Lancers cheek before exiting the room. As he walked out of Lancers bedroom you quickly followed him. "Thank you." You said softly, grabbing his hand. The King stopped walking and turned towards you. "For what?" He questioned as he gave your hand a light squeeze. "For trying to...love Lancer..." You mumbled as he gazed into your eyes. The King didn't say anything and continued walking. You sighed and let go of his hand, and walked to your room. "Y/N?" The King called out for you. You turned around to him and cocked your head. "Hmm?" You hummed. The King stood there for a second before kneeling to your height. "Goodnight, lightener." He said as he placed a kiss on your forehead. You felt a wave of heat rush to your face, barely even saying goodnight. You slowly walked to your room and you heard the King chuckle.

You entered your room and felt your heart flutter, you really did like the King, for no good reason though. He wasn't that good looking when you first gazed upon him, but now he seems to be cute to you. He wasn't that kind at first, but now he's changing.
You sighed softly before plopping onto your bed, slumping into the soft covers with drowsy eyes. You shifted before pulling the covers over your body and shutting your eyes.

-Dream/Nightmare-

"I'm leaving this fucking hell hole!" You screamed from the top of the stairs, looking at your drunken dad with rage and hatred. You stomped down the stairs and jangled your keys before running to the door. Before you could even get close, you felt his cold hand grab your wrist and pull you backwards. His chapped lips inches away from yours, his hot breath made you shrivel in disgust. "You'll never leave, you'll always be my little girl!" He yelled at you with shameless anger. You yanked your wrist away, but he still held onto you with a tight grip. "I'm 17! Let me go!" You screamed, trying to shove your dad away. You watched as his other hand tightened around his bottle of half drunk beer. "YOULL NEVER LEAVE!" "LET ME GO!"

-End of Dream/Nightmare-

You jolted awake from your bed, your eyes filled with tears and your normally cold hands were hot and sweaty. As a matter of fact you felt extremely warm. You shook in your bed out of pure fear. Your fathers voice rang in your head, you dreaded those awful memories. You looked over to the wall to see the clock which read 3:39 .

You didn't even feel safe in your own bed, your were scared to death. Just thinking about the old memory gave you goosebumps. You knew Lancer was too young to handle the pressure and depression of your dreams, and Rouxls would just keep you up all night.

You decided to make your way to the Kings room. You thought the idea was rather foolish since you did feel rather, attached to him.

You rubbed your sore eyes as you wandered down the kingdom halls. You walked fast and shook with every step. Your whole body was filled with fear. Finally you arrived at his door. You lightly knocked on the door. "Who is it?" A deep voice grumbled. You swallowed hard before you gave an answer. "Y-Y/N..." You stuttered. "Come in." You slowly entered the room to see the King sitting on the edge of his bed. He looked over at you with shock as he saw your tears and bloodshot eyes. "Come here, Lightener..." He spoke softly as he motioned you to sit next to him.

You sit next to him as he wrapped an arm around you. "So...what even happened?" He asked as he wiped a few of your tears away. "Bad...dream..." You mumbled as you lean your head on his shoulder. He nodded and asked if you wanted to talk about it, but you declined. "Then why'd you come to my room?" He asked. Your face grew red. "I...I don't feel safe alone....can I sleep with you tonight...?" You asked as you looked up at him, your eyes full of fear and innocence. The King chuckled and nodded.

You layed at the edge of the bed, as far away as you could, you didn't wanna be rude. Suddenly strong arms pulled you in from behind and held you. "You don't need to be shy." He spoke softly. You turned around and snuggled into his chest as he bed onto you. You felt safe that night.

A/N: ooo I see you y/n, snatching yourself a king~!