It hits his head and he turns around, the anger showing on his face.

"Okay, woman. I am really angry now. I'm helping you!"

I lowered my eyes, guilt flooding throughout me. I have got to get my emotions under control.

"The baby."

"What?" He asks, tilting his head.

"Did you not even get an ultrasound? I'm pregnant you idiot! What's happened to my baby? Is she alright?"

"She? I can barely see your baby bump. And, again, I'm running on freaking coffee. Don't judge me for not taking a ultrasound! You try functioning without food or sleep for three days."

"I've had plenty of experience working without food or sleep, and I functioned without coffee. Do what I say, alright? And get some coffee, before you fall asleep."

"I feel like a zombie." He whines, closing the door behind him.

I have no way of checking if my baby is alright and I can't even sit up to accomplish my checklist. I have to get to Aniket. And my family cannot know about this until it has been solved. I have a heart patient, and two people with diabetes in my family. Anything could happen.

I have to do this on my own.

I have to get to Aniket. Aniket comes first.

My stomach growls at the thought. Maybe food comes first, and my baby is agreeing with me.

I have to gain energy. "Aarav!" I call out, but no one responds.

I sigh, and shake my head. He's useless.

If you have to get things done, you have to do it yourself.

I notice the thread and needle on the night stand. Some doctor he is.

I lean toward it, grabbing it I. One sweep.

I open my hospital gown, not caring that the door was unlocked. I rip open the awful stitches, covering the bullet wound with my hand. I can smell the scent of the sterilization liquid. At least, he was still careful. I can't believe this guy touched me while I was asleep. Of course, he was a doctor and I was a doctor, so I shouldn't be ashamed. But the thought someone, other than my husband, that had the audacity to look at me naked, and more than that, touch me, was repulsive.

I swallowed the guilt, thankful that I was alive. He did save me.

My hands don't shake as they stitch the wound. I wince a couple of times, but I'm used to this. I've hid many wounds from my parents. I used to take self-defense classes from when I was a child. There used to be a lot of bullies in the school I studied, and I had to protect myself from them as the unusually small child that I was. My Papi was proud of me when I had to physically fight for my dignity and reputation.

"Damnit." I yell, as I tie the last knot. This hurts more than my curiosity.

I am curious to if Aniket is alive and if my baby survived, but I could only stench my burning curiosity only if I could get some water to get it under control.

Step by step. Alright. Now I have to get up.

My ankle was also bleeding and in order to walk anytime soon, I needed some sort of support.

I look around the room. There was nothing long enough for me to use as a walking stick.

I lowered my eyes in despair.

The bed. The metal bed I was sitting on. I just have to remove a few screws. I notice that the one on the right side was rusty, so I remove it, using it to sit up in the bed.