Chapter 3

This chapter is dedicated to VTheStampyLover... Thank you Tori for all the continuous support! Enjoy this next chapter!

"This here, is a gun," Lauren shoves the gun into Beatrice's palm, who seems slightly appalled. "Shoot it."

"How?" Beatrice is surprised, and is flipping over the gun to examine it.

I demonstrate it, and the whole time I'm thinking that she's an initiate again. But an un-Dauntless one at that.

Beatrice is impressed when the bullet goes through the middle.

Chris glances at me, nodding slightly. Lynn gives the signal.

They shoot next to Beatrice, who's shooting the gun with difficulty. She's surprised of the power when the gun shoots. Lynn shoots all of hers into the bushes behind the targets.

Christina shoots three bulls-eyes, and like Will said once, she says "You should've hit that target at least once now. Even by accident." Then in style, she turns away and continues shooting.

Lynn and I are grinning like idiots as Beatrice clenches her teeth and shoots three bulls-eyes. I knew Tris was determined. I just wasn't sure if Beatrice was.

She grins as the third one hits the target. She turns towards me excitedly, to see if I've been watching. I nod at her.

Christina scoffs and shoots more, making Beatrice narrow her eyes.

Zeke, Cara, Shauna, and Peter walk up. Lynn's asked them to act like initiates. Lauren and I are the instructors.

"Where were you guys!?" Lauren asks dramatically, flinging her arms into the air.

Zeke and Peter point at their tattoos, which are old.

"Training time is no time to get tattoos," I scold them.

Peter makes a face, and Zeke grins.

"What about you guys?" I turn towards Shauna and Cara.

Shauna's wearing black and white like a Candor would. Cara's dressed like her usual self, an Erudite.

"What's your excuse?" Lauren snaps her gum, crossing her arms across her chest.

I've got to admit, they're good actors. Especially Lauren.

Cara sighs, "I couldn't find Shauna's wheelchair."

Lauren snorts, "I can't believe you've made it this far. Especially paralyzed from the waist down."

Shauna makes a face, then beams at Cara, "Cara's the best friend a girl can get!"

Cara adds in pointedly, "And she's a Candor, she's not lying."

Their acting is perfect. Cara's putting in facts, which helps Shauna as well.

I explain to them how to shoot a gun, even though they already know.

Zeke is shooting at Beatrice's target, Cara is able to hit the pole. Peter is fooling around with Shauna, and I yell at them.

Beatrice smirks at the others, thinking how good she is for an Abnegation, probably.

She looks at her watch.

"I should be getting home now!"

Then Beatrice is off, dashing towards the train.

Next chapter... Coming right up!

~ Evie 👓