Chapter 1

This is a story told by Four. I plan to make it a series. So if you like this first chapter, please press the star and comment! I want to know if I should keep writing this. Thank you, and like always, enjoy!

They thought she was dead. But apparently she's not.

My Tris stayed strong. She's alive. She's okay.

She is alive. That's all I care about.

Her chance of living was about ten percent. After that bullet she'd taken, everyone was sure she'd be dead. Just the thought of Tris Prior leaving my side hurts.

I found Tris's room in the hospital, Room D6. Her nurse was standing in the room, adjusting wires.

"How's she?" I had walked into the room, staring down at the at the motionless blonde lump that's supposed to be my girlfriend.

"She's in a coma," the nurse told me before leaving the room.

Tris looked so empty lying on the hospital bed.

She was frozen, her blonde hair arranged around her like a halo.

"Tris..." I had cried out her name. She looked so hurt. The war is scarred into her. Literally. I rested my head against her chest and cried, my tears showing against her ugly white hospital gown.

That was twelve days ago. If she doesn't wake up today, she's gone.

~

Tris is awake. She's sitting up on the bed, and the nurse is pleading with her to eat.

"I'm not hungry," she keeps repeating over and over again.

"Tris!" I exclaim, walking over to her. I kiss her on her nose, which she wrinkles.

"Please don't kiss me. At my home, we don't show affection. Sorry. And who's Tris?"

"You...?" I say it like it's a question.

"No," she's confused now. "I'm Beatrice. I'm an teenager living in Abnegation."

Then she takes in the surroundings around her. "Where am I?"

"Dauntless."

"Oh. How did I get here? I should be getting home to Abnegation soon. My parents will be expecting me for dinner."

"Tris..." When she shoots me a dirty look, I correct myself. "Beatrice, you're a Dauntless now."

She stands up and puts her hands on her hips. "I would never choose Dauntless over Abnegation."

"You did. Tris did."

"I didn't!" she claims. "I'm going home now."

I don't protest. I just watch Beatrice go. I'm wrong.

Tris Prior has already left my side.

This is sort of like an introductory chapter. I hope that I can write longer ones! If you like this, please check out my profile and click 'Follow.' Read Fandom High by iFandoms if you're interested in my stories! Thanks!

~ Evie 👓