11 | Green-Eyed Monster

__________________________________
Author's Note:
__________________________________

Happy Halloween, Readers!

I hope you're having a better time today than me. Sadly, my favorite holiday was ruined by a snow storm. That ain't stopping me, though! At least we can all celebrate with this new chapter, right?

~Enjoy, my lovelies~

—————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•S/C: Skin Color

—————————————————
__________________________________
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————__________________________________Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

My feet pounded up the steps, in a hurry to reach my room and talk to Jack before it gets too late in the night. Though the spirit often stays up late anyways, I unfortunately have school in the morning, so my window of free time is running a bit short. I never got the chance to catch up with him after our conversation with Nathan since classes were a whirlwind and I was tied up with homework afterwards. Even when I was finished with that, mom and dad decided we should go out to eat for dinner today. I had no complaints about that, however, since the food was so good, but I was curious about why he left so soon earlier. I'm usually the one to end our calls, since I'm sure if he were able, he'd talk forever.

I suppose he could have just gotten busy with something, but I've had this strange inkling that I should check to make sure everything is fine. I set up the ouija board on the bed after smoothing out the cream sheets so that the surface would be flat. I then arrange the pillows comfortably behind my back as Whiskers stretches out his arms with a yawn. He must've slept the whole while we were gone, according to his bed-head. A little shake was all that was needed to make the fur look fluffy, like normal. The cat's eyes stared intently at the planchette when I placed my hands on top of it and called out to my otherworldly friend.

"Hello? Jack, are you there?" I whispered, not wanting my parents to hear me and interrupt. I wait patiently, as always, for his response.

A few minutes passed... Okay, a lot of minutes. So many minutes, in fact, I became worried and confused. It never takes this long.

'Is everything okay? Is the connection funky? It shouldn't be. We've been able to talk perfectly fine until now. Maybe if I call out to him again, it'll work?'

  "Jack? Can you hear me? This isn't funny. Come on, answer." I didn't mean to sound so desperate, truly, but the longer he took to respond, the more lonely I began to feel. My heart was sinking with each passing second, and I began wondering if maybe I did something to upset him, but what? As I was about to call out a third time, the planchette finally moved towards "YES". I felt a weight come off my shoulders as I threw my head back in relief. I was so scared we might have lost our only means of communication. My E/C eyes shut for a moment as I collected myself before looking down at the board again with a smile. "You had me going for a minute there. I thought something funky happened to the connection."