7- It's crazy to think about the things that losing love could do to you.

"You should text him back." Ada says as she sits next to me on the couch, my phone sat on the coffee table in front of us. It had been buzzing almost none stop for the past hour and a half.

Harry had been calling and texting ever since he drove away. By the time I had gotten inside, I was able to help Ada drag my mom to her room, where the 40 year old women passed out as soon as her head hit the pillow. Me and Ada then cleaned up the living room before making dinner for ourselfs.

               "He called mom a drunk." I mumble, running my fingers through my hair and biting my lip.

               "But its true." Ada throws her hands up, leaning back against the softness of our couch.

               "He didnt even wait for me to explain."I bite my lower lip which was already raw from my  teeth hardly leaving it since I arrived home.

I knew that one day I would have to tell Harry that I didnt have a perfect family but I wasnt ready for it, I didnt want him to think badly of me, not yet. 

               "I guess he should have let you explain but the fact is, what he said is true and there is no dineing it." Ada gets up and begins stragitening everything insight. Ada has always been a bit OCD and has always enjoyed moving around and cleaning things as she talks.

               "What if he doesnt like me anymore because of it." I run my fingers over my face, sighing in frustration.

               "Catilin I need you to listen to me right now." Ada moves in front of me, kneeling so our faces our level. "If he cared about our mom being a drunk he wouldnt be calling right now." We both look over to my phone, its vibrating and his name is flashing across the screen. "Dont let something this stupid ruin your chances with a great guy." She grabs my shoulders, making me focus on her. "Go upstairs and call him." She reaches over and grabs my phone, shoving it into my hand. 

She tosses her self down on the couch and grabs the remote, turning the tv on. I sigh, getting up and going up to my room.

I sit alone for a few minutes before dialing his number and hitting send. I hold my breath as it rings, only two twice.

               "I'm sorry." He mumbles instead of his usaul perky hello. I let out a puff of breath, leaning against my head board.

               "No need to apologize." I tell him, biting my thumb nail. "Can we meet up and talk?" I look over at my alarm clock, it was only 5 and the sun wouldnt be setting for awhile.

               "Sure, Where?" He says quickly, no longer sounding upset.

               "The river walk in a half in hour?" I went to the river walk alot when I was upset, it was a place where I could quietly sit without a care in the world.

               "Sure." I hang up before he can say anything else. I get up off my bed, shoving my phone into my pocket and grabbing my heavy coat. I knew that as it got later, it would continue to cool down.

I sit around for a few more minutes before leaving the house, shuffling my feet as I walk across town. The car was at home and I could have easily driven but I needed to walk, I needed to feel the fall air in my face and I needed to be able to clear my head. Two things I wouldnt have been able to do in the short amount of time it took me to drive there.

When I finally turned the corner and the peir was in full view, Harry was already there, leaning against the front of his car. He was wrapped in a heavy coat, his hands shoved in the pockets. He didnt hear me walking up so when I stepped up beside him, he jumped.

               "Where's your car?" He asks, looking around for it in the empty parking lot. It was to late in the year for people to be hanging out here at this time, they chose warmer places to spent their time. 

               "I walked." I tell him, leaning on the car next to him. He nods, sighing. We stood quietly for a minutes, watching the water, neither of us knowing what to say. 

               "I guess you want me to explain." I say, breaking the akward silence that had slowly settled over us.

               "You dont have to if you dont want to." He shrugs, shuffling closer to me.

               "I want to" I shake my head, "I need to." I lean my head on his shoulder.

               "I'm all ears." He says, taking a hold of my cold hand.

I quickly jumped into the story about my mom and dad. I told him every detail I knew and the whole time he stayed close to me, nodding and giving me signs that he truely was listening to me. 

When I was finally done, I sagged against the car, not able to hold myself up anymore. 

               "Dont think badly of my mom." I mutter, looking up to watching the dark waves crash against the pale coloered sand.

               "I dont." He takes a seat next to me, retaking my hand and squeezing it tightly. "It's crazy to think about the things that losing love could do to you." He mutters after another long moment of silence.

               "Yeah." I lean my head against his shoulder again, breathing in his scent.

               "I really hope I dont lose you." He says so quietly that if we hadnt been so close, I wouldnt have been able to hear him.

               "You love me?" I mutter, my face heating up. He pulls me closer, letting go of my hand so he can wrap his arm around my shoulders.

               "I know its kind of fast but yeah." I look up to see him grinning down at me and I smile back.

               "Love you to." I lean up, pressing a kiss to his chin before leaning into him and closing my eyes.