Chapter 5

»Madison's POV« 

I was finally target ready and I tried to look my best, only because my mum wanted me to. She told me that first impressions are the most important, so yeah..I walked downstairs and sat on the sofa while my mum was cooking out the kitchen. I grabbed the remote and switched on the TV but then my mum came and switched it off. 

"Hey! I was watching that" I pouted. "The guests are going to be here soon" she said. I rolled my eyes and walked back upstairs. 

"Madison, the guests are here!" My mum shouted. Great. I slowly walked back downstairs and into the living room. "Where are they then?" I asked, not seeing them anywhere. "Right here, love." I quickly turned around to see Harry and an older woman standing behind me. This was going to be so much fun."Take a seat, dinner won't be long" my mother said. Harry and who I was guessing was his mum sat down at the table out the kitchen. I quickly walked over to my mum. "You didn't tell me her son was Harry Styles" I whispered and she looked at me. "Why? Do you know him?" She asked. "Yes!" I spat before walking over to the table."Maddy, come sit with me" Harry grinned. I glared at him but I didn't want to make a scene so I went to sit next to him. My mum came and brought us the food then went to sit next to Anne, opposite Harry and I. 

"Wow, this looks amazing Mrs James" Harry said. I really hated him. He was acting so sweet but he was really nothing like that. "Please, call me Emma" my mum stated. Harry smiled and took a bite of his food.Harry's hand went to my thigh and he started to rub it. I shot up. "I..uh..need a toilet" I blurted out. My mum nodded and I ran upstairs. I locked myself in my bedroom and leaned against the wall. Why was this happening to me? I didn't need all this right now. I grabbed my phone and dialed Libby's number. She picked up and sounded cheerful. "Libby, you know I told you that my mum was having guests over for dinner.." I began. "Yes?" I sighed and started to shake. "Its Harry and his mum" I told her. She gasped and then started laughing. "Don't laugh, please." She calmed herself down a bit. "Sorry but this is just too funny. He can't get enough of you" she said. "Its annoying, I didn't realize it was him" I explained. "I'll let you get back to your dinner. See you tomorrow, Maddy" Libby said before hanging up the phone. 

I went to my door and unlocked it. I walked out of my bedroom and bumped into someone. I instantly screamed until a hand was put over my mouth. "Its only me, sweetheart" Harry chuckled. "Don't scream" Harry demanded as he slowly took his hand away from my mouth. "What are you doing here?!" I asked. "Your mum invited us to dinner and-" I cut him off by sighing. "I mean what are you doing up here? By my room?" I repeated. "I just wanted to know what was taking you so long" he told me.He had a smile on his face, a genuine smile and I almost smiled back at him. "I thought you were going to the toilet" he said. "Well, obviously not" I replied. "You look so hot right now." I rolled my eyes and pushed him away. I started walking downstairs but he grabbed my wrist and spun me around so I was facing him. "Are you scared of me, Madison?" He asked. His grip on my wrist tightened and I winced making his chuckle. "Answer the question" he spat. "Do I scare you?" I looked away from him and then back at him. "No" I stated. Wow, I was expecting to sound shaky and scared but I didn't.I pulled away from him and started to walk downstairs. "You should be" I heard him whisper but I chose to ignore him.Once I walked back downstairs, my mum was taking the plates away from the table and to the sink. I hadn't even finished my food but never mind. "Anne and I are going out for a few drinks. You can stay here with Harry" my mum said. "I'm not staying here with him on my own!" I almost shouted at her. "You'll do as I say please, Madison." I rolled my eyes. "But mum I don't wa-" I was cut off when an arm snaked around my waist. "We'll be fine here Mrs James" Harry said, using that fake sweet voice again. "I've told you Harry, call me Emma. And thank you, take care of her" my mum spoke. "Oh, don't worry, I'll take very good care of her" he almost growled.My mum and Harry's mum went out and as soon as the door closed Harry pushed me up against the wall and started to kiss down my neck. I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it but it was wrong. "Harry.." I whispered and it came out as more of a moan. "Please stop" I told him. "Shut it." He ordered and I pushed him away and slapped him across the face.He looked down to the floor but I saw an intimidating smirk creeping up on his face. "Don't tell me to shut up" I told him. "And don't kiss me. I don't want nothing to do with you, Harry. Your dangerous" I whispered the last part. He finally looked up at me. His cheek was red and his smirk was gone, he now looked so angry. He looked as if he was going to murder someone. "Sweetheart, you don't understand me do you?" His tone was so scary. I shook my head and he moved closer to me, his chest pressing against mine. He leaned down and pressed his forehead to me and I shook under him."I want you which means that I'm going to get you. Most girls wouldn't deny me, Maddy" he stated. "Well, I'm not most girls" I replied. He leaned closer and brushed his lips against mine. "Your going to be mine and that means no one else can have you. Don't ever, ever slap me or tell me to do anything because I could easily hurt you and don't think that I wouldn't do it." And if I wasn't scared enough, he goes and says that. "You'd h-hit me?" I stuttered making him laugh.

He pushed himself off me and went to sit down on the sofa. He patted the spot next to him but I just stood there. He sighed. "After everything I just said..." He began. He got off the couch and walked over to me, grabbing me by the back of my neck and dragging me over to sit next to him. "...and you still don't do what I say" he finished. "I-im sorry" I told him. "Hmm" he hummed in response.He put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer, I really didn't want to be this close to him but I was too scared to move away. "Why did you beat up Thomas?" I asked. "Because he talked to you" he said immediately. "So I'm not allowed to talk to boys?" I asked him in disgust. "Fucking hell, do you not understand that your mine?! Your not allowed to talk to boys and their not allowed to talk to you, do you understand now?!" I nodded slowly. I didn't want to get on the wrong side of him. I was sure he wouldn't hurt me intentionally but I didn't even knew if he cared. He said that I was his but I didn't really understand. We weren't a couple or anything so basically I'm just his piece of property."Did you kill someone?" I asked him, suddenly feeling confident. His whole body tensed up and I looked up, I could see that he was getting emotional. But then almost instantly his eyes turned dark and he didn't look emotional anymore. I swear this boy was bipolar. "Harry, what happened?" I asked. "I didn't kill him" he said. I kind of sighed a sigh of relief but then he said, "but I did put him in hospital." I knew he was dangerous, but putting a guy in hospital was serious. "He tried to rape my ex-girlfriend" he told me.

"I was nice, I was sweet but then that happened and I lost it. I wanted to kill him, I wanted to bury him but I couldn't. I beat him so bad that he ended up in a coma but he survived. That's where I got my bad reputation from, people heard about this and twisted the story so people started to say that I killed him and I never corrected them. I started to get involved in gangs and I had a reputation so I thought that there was no point stopping and I've been like this for 2 years" he explained. "Oh, Harry.." I whispered and hugged him.He hugged back and rested his his head on mine. It felt weird that he told me all this. It felt weird that I was actually comfortable hugging him right now. He'd only knew me for a day and he'd already told me why he was the way he was. Maybe he wasn't so bad, it was just rumors that made his bad reputation and he's just stuck with it. "You can change, Harry, you don't have to be bad" I told him and he chuckled. "Change? I don't want to change. I like being me and I like people being afraid of me. I'm not changing for anyone, love" he said."I think you better go now, Harry" I told him. He laughed and stood up. I walked him to the front door and opened it. He stopped and turned around, placing his lips on mine in a rough kiss. I tried to push him back back he grabbed my wrists and pushing himself forward on me. "I'll pick you up for school tomorrow" he whispered once he left my lips. "I'm walking tomorrow with Libby" I replied, motioning Harry to do the door. "No, love, I'm picking you up." I gave in and nodded.He walked out of my door and down the pathway. "Harry" I called. He turned around and smirked. "Do you live alone?" I asked. I was just so curious about him and his life. "Most of the time I do. But I've been staying with my mum for a few days, just next door" he told me and then walked away.I closed the door and smiled to myself. Wait, they lived next door? I walked upstairs to my room and opened the doors to my balcony and looked at the next door house. I couldn't see a shadow from him or anything, maybe he lived in the other next door house.I closed the doors and walked back inside. I got changed out of my clothes and the my phone beeped. I picked it up and I had a new message from my mum.

From: Mummy

Going to be out for a few more hours, ask Harry to stay over if you want? 

No way. Never in a million years would I ask Harry to stay over mine. He was so sweet when he was explaining to me what happened but then he turned into an asshole again. His emotions changed all the time, he was so complicated.I looked in my wardrobe for something to wear to bed. I found a baggy top and then put it on. I shut the curtains to my window and my balcony door and then I turned the light out. I got under the covers of my bed and sighed.This was going to be hard to deal with.