Chapter 25

»Madison's POV- 1 Week Later 

I woke up and immediately got out of bed. I checked my phone and saw that I had a new message.

From Libby; Meet me outside your house at 8.30 x

I smiled to myself and then started looking through my wardrobe. I got dressed and then did my make up. "Hm, it'll do" I mumbled to myself as I looked in the mirror. I walked downstairs and saw my mum dancing around the kitchen to a song on the radio while making breakfast. "Morning" my mum said happily. "Morning" I replied. "Want some pancakes?" I nodded and sat down at the table.The song changed on the radio and 'Give Your Heart A Break' by Demi Lovato came on and I just listened to the lyrics.

The day I first met you,You told me you never fall in love. 

But now that I get you,I know, fear's what it really was.

Now here we are,So close, yet so far, Haven't I passed the test

When will you realise, Baby, I'm not like the rest. Don't wanna break your heart,

Wanna give your heart a break, I know your scared its wrong,Like you might make a mistake. There's just one life to live,And there's no time to wait, to waste,

So let me give your heart a break, Your heart a break, wanna give your heart a break, Your heart a break, oh yeah, yeah.

I'd heard this song so many times but I guess I'd never really listened to the lyrics before. I couldn't help but think that the song related to mine and Harry's situation. Harry never fell in love, he was afraid of getting hurt but I loved him and I just wanted him to let me love him.

My mum put a plate of pancakes in front of me which made me stop thinking about Harry just for a little while. "Madison, I'm going on a business trip in a month" my mum said and I nodded. "I was wondering, maybe you could ask Harry if you could stay with him." I shook my head immediately. "Mum, I can stay here on my own. I don't need to stay with Harry" I told her and she sighed. "I'm going for a week, there's no way that I'm letting you stay here on your own for a week" she said and I groaned. "Fine. But can Harry stay here for a few days when he gets out of hospital? I don't want him to be alone" I muttered and she nodded.I finished my pancakes and then gave my mum a kiss on the cheek. "See you later!" I yelled and then walked out the door. I saw Libby. I walked towards her and she smiled and then gave me a hug. I linked arms with her and started walking to school. "Is he okay?" She asked, referring to Harry. "Yeah" I mumbled and she laughed slightly. "You don't really sound happy." I just shrugged. "I just hate him sometimes. I told him I loved him and he just wants to forget about it" I told her. She gave me a sympathetic look but I shrugged again.It had been a week since the incident. Harry's leg still looked pretty bad but he could walk a bit. He hasn't tried much but when he does, he tries his best. We haven't talked a lot about feelings, it's an uncomfortable topic really. I visited him everyday that he's been in there and I know he's getting much better. 

The school day was over and I walked out and down the street. Libby was going home but I wanted to go and visit Harry in hospital. "Hey, Maddy! Wait up!" I turned around and saw Thomas jogging towards me. "Hi" I mumbled. "You going to the hospital to visit Harry?" He asked and I nodded. "Can I come with you?" I nodded eagerly. It would be nice to have some company while walking there.We talked and messed about the whole way to the hospital. He had put a genuine smile on my face which I didn't think anyone could actually do right now, but he made me smile and I was thankful. We went straight to Harry's room and he was walking around. "Harry, what are you doing?! You could hurt yourself!" I yelled. His head turned to see me and he smiled, but then he glared at us when he saw Thomas. I rolled my eyes at his stupid theory that Thomas had a 'thing' for me.

"I'm allowed to go home today, apparently my leg has healed pretty quickly" he said. I could see him limping as he walked around to room which worried me slightly. "Fine, but your staying with me until you get better, maybe you could visit your mum too" I told him and he shrugged. I knew that he didn't get on with his mum that much, but she was still his mum and she loved him. She would want to know that he was safe and she lived next door so it would be pretty easy for Harry to go over and see her even if it was just for a few minutes."Fine" he mumbled. What was his problem? I just decided to ignore that he was in an pretty bad mood. "Grab your things" I told him. "I haven't got anything" he replied, not even making eye contact. "Let's go then." We walked out of the hospital room and Harry had to sign out. We got out of the hospital and it was actually pretty cold. "Should I call a cab?" I asked Harry and he shook his head.

 "Let's walk" he said and I nodded. I felt really uncomfortable. I was stuck in the middle between Thomas and Harry. I didn't know what to do so I just didn't say or do anything but walk. Thomas seemed to move closer to me but Harry put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Why did you bring him?" He whispered. I looked over to Thomas to see if he was watching but he wasn't. "He wanted to come and see you, be nice" I told him. His grip around my waist tightened and I winced. "Your hurting me" I whispered and he let go slightly. "I'm not going to be nice to someone I don't like" he said and I rolled my eyes. "He's your friend, stop it!" I raised my voice a bit, only because Harry was being annoying.

Thomas arrived at his house, I said bye to him and gave him a hug and then walked off with Harry. "He likes you" Harry muttered and I groaned. "Not this again." Harry was just stupid if he believed that, Thomas liked me as a friend and I felt the same about him, we couldn't be anything more, it wouldn't work out. "How's your leg?" I asked, changing the topic. "You like him too, don't you?" Great, back to the previous topic. "No, I don't! Stop being an idiot, Harry. I don't like him like that, just leave it, okay?!" He glared at me for a few seconds and then turned away. I was sure I heard him say 'bitch' under his breath but I just didn't bother questioning it. I got to my house and walked up the pathway but Harry stopped walking. I turned around to look at him. "I need to go and get some stuff" he said and I nodded slowly. "Promise you'll come back" I told him. He walked towards me and kissed my cheek. "I'll go and get some things, come back and see my mum for a few minutes, I'll drive over here. I promise." I smiled at him and he smiled back. "Anyway, I need someone to look after me, it may as well be you" he added with a wink. I rolled my eyes and pushed him away so he could go to his. He turned back around and blew me a kiss, I pretended to catch it and he smiled. I just wish I knew what he was thinking.

(Another one is coming, 5 more chapters to make up for not updating for so long)