"You're right." I said, coming to a stop outside the doctor's office. I faced Elaine and angled my head to the door in question.

"I am not going to see her now. Maybe next time." She gave me, what looked to be a forced smile, before heading somewhere else.

Fake smile? Hmph, I must be reading too much into things, I must be stressed out... By the way, why did she come to see me earlier?

I wondered as I opened the door.

Zane's POV

"Prince Elliot," I got up and bowed. "What brings you here?"

"I am just here to inform you some new information." He turned his attention to my currently sleeping mate, his eyes softening as they landed on her. "How is she?"

"Physically, both her and the babies are fine, but mentally...I am not sure."

"Well, I had good news and bad news regarding Alpha Matteo, which one would you like to hear first?" Prince Elliot say, taking a seat beside me.

"I guess...give me the bad news first. I just want all the bad things to be over with."

"They decided not to kill Alpha Matteo."

I stood up abruptly, making my chair fell quite loudly. I was about to growl when I heard the groan that my mate emitted. I take in a large breath and breathe out, several times to try and calm myself.

My mate needs her sleep.

I picked my chair up and sat back. "Why did they decide not to kill him?" I gritted out. "What use do they have for an Alpha who had lost his mind?"

"Who knows," he shrugged, "His pack and father had decided not to kill him and the council respect their wish. They should be in the process of taking him back by now."

I kept my eyes on my mate, silently processing his words.

"Now for the good news. Although you rip his hands off, since he is trying to kill your mate, you will not receive any punishment for that."

"Even if I receive any punishment, I will face it gladly. I would have been happy to rip his head off in that room." I growled, still picturing the incident that happened just a few hours ago.

"Another good news for you is, the council had stripped off Alpha Matteo's parental rights. He won't be allowed any interaction with Anna or the babies at all."

I nodded in agreement. "He should be glad that he is only stripped off of his rights and not his head."

.

.

.

Anna's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, my first thought was the pain that I feel in my throat. I thought back to when Matteo tried to kill me. Why is his eyes red? Usually when werewolves get angry, their eyes just turned black. So why did his turn to red?

"Anna," my mate raced to my side and help me sat up, carefully handing a glass of water to me. "Here, drink some water."

As I gulped the water, I felt a burning sensation in my throat.

"How do you feel?" he asked, placing the glass down on the small table beside the hospital bed.

"Terrible, but manageable. Is it because my new found healing abilities?"

He gave me a nod, caressing my stomach with a soft smile on his face. "Thank you for healing mommy kids."

I just sat back and enjoy this moment of peace while it still last.

Unfortunately, it didn't last as long as I wanted it to.

Someone knock on the door and without waiting for permission, that person barged into the room.

"ANNA!" Chloe yelled, planting herself on me before she started checking me for injuries. When she saw the state my neck is in, she got even more furious.

"THAT BASTARD! HOW CAN HE CALL HIMSELF AN ALPHA! I AM GOING TO KILL HIM!" She dashed for the door without any warning, with her mate trailing behind her.

"Charlie..."

He took a seat on one of the chairs and just stared at me.

After about one minute, I got annoyed and asked "Do you have anything to say to me?"

"Do you know that Matteo lost his mind?"

"Huh?...Why are you asking me this? Is it true?" When Charlie nodded, I gasped.

"Wait...what does that even mean?" Both Charlie and my mate was quiet for a second, before they started laughing. I was confused and just waited till their laughter subsided.

"It means that his wolf has taken over and he lost his human side. Kind of like wild rouges, except for their similar strength to us, they had little to no difference to normal wolves." I nodded, sinking the newly found information to my head. "We usually used the term gone rogue, so when a wolf gone rogue, the council of their pack will decide whether they will or not kill the said pack member."

"Wait...is that what will happen to Matteo?"

"It already happened. The council had voted to keep him alive and to keep him away from you and our babies."

"Really?"

"Yep, we can go home after you're healed." He smiled, nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck. I felt myself returning his smile. Although I may have had experienced a ton of terrible things because of this mate thingy, enough to curse the live out of the Moon Goddess, I am grateful for it leads me to Zane.

"After we go home, I am afraid we can't stay for a long time." He raised his head, frowning at me.

"We need to go to the Wood Pack remember. You promise me that I can give birth there. I only have a month left before my due date Zane." My answer turned his frown upside down, causing me to giggle.

"Um, Guys? Did you forget I was in the room ?" Charlie suddenly spoke.

Both me and Zane flushed in response, before all of us laughed out loud.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, If you enjoy this chapter, please vote and leave a comment for me.

Have a nice day.